Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Bottom Line: e60 is a Pussy Magnet

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009 | 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='993226' date='Aug 30 2009, 04:30 PM
Martin Kove in the Karate Kid?
But he wasn't a bully or big mouth at all. He would do anything for anybody. I came home from work one night and he was splitting a can of soup with a homeless guy he'd met an hour before. Also, he had a cat! Last I heard, he was a fairly high-level executive with the Wal-Mart Corporation.
Old 08-30-2009 | 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='993224' date='Aug 30 2009, 02:22 PM
oh, and in case anyone was wondering, ITALIAN is a nationality, not a race. I dont get bent out of shape when someone calls Germans krauts because that would be ridiculous and i am not a 9 year old sissy. stop being crybabies about "guido"
+1 people use the word "race" too loosely (same way they use the word "hero"). Scientifically there are only 3 races, so if you are claiming you are a race because you are from an ethnicity your are nearly as ignorant as the racists you are angry at.
Old 08-31-2009 | 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='993224' date='Aug 30 2009, 05:22 PM
oh, and in case anyone was wondering, ITALIAN is a nationality, not a race. I dont get bent out of shape when someone calls Germans krauts because that would be ridiculous and i am not a 9 year old sissy. stop being crybabies about "guido"
Craig, making fun of a nationality is also racist. By your definition, it is then acceptable to make remarks about "Africans" or "African-Americans" or "Mexicans" or "Dominicans" because we're mentioning their nationality and not their color. And what's with this race thing? We're all the same race: HUMANS."

I tell ya one thing, anybody calls me "Guido" in person will get leveled in two seconds flat and I don't care where they're from. Take it from this retired Marine.
Old 09-01-2009 | 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='993011' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:51 AM
AHAHAHAHA! One of my roommates in grad school had a old blue IROC coupe. Geez he loved that car. He also was an amazing musician and a martial arts expert. He had played football for the University of Kansas, so he was a total badass. He practiced guitar about four hours a day and thought the untimely death of Stevie Ray Vaughn was the single biggest tragedy in American history.

We used to train in Muay Thai in the basement to balance the stress of our MBA program, and I know he never really let loose on me or he'd have killed me for sure. The guy never drank, smoked, or did drugs, but he went to all the parties. He was like the referee--if anybody started to get out of hand, he'd just stand up and everything would suddenly calm down. He always wore jeans, snakeskin boots, and some kind of heavy metal t-shirt. In the winter he added one of thoise shiny martial arts jackets with his name embroidered on the chest. He'd push the sleeves up. The dude was like a total time warp.

So anyway, we were at a house party off-campus and some guy nobody really knew walked in laughing his head off about "the stupid hillbilly old POS IROC parked out front." We all sort of instinctively started shaking our heads side to side. He didn't get the hint. "So, who's the trailer trash driving that POS?" My friend stood up and just smiled. The guy literally turned around and left and I never saw him again.

I have no idea why I wrote this.
Daym, dude, this was like watching a movie - reading this post hahaha
Old 09-02-2009 | 02:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='993725' date='Aug 31 2009, 10:03 AM
Craig, making fun of a nationality is also racist. By your definition, it is then acceptable to make remarks about "Africans" or "African-Americans" or "Mexicans" or "Dominicans" because we're mentioning their nationality and not their color. And what's with this race thing? We're all the same race: HUMANS."

I tell ya one thing, anybody calls me "Guido" in person will get leveled in two seconds flat and I don't care where they're from. Take it from this retired Marine.
Contradictory

Africa/African is not a country or a nationality or a race.

This term is played out. I dont walk around calling myself a European American. Most black people will tell you they are American. That's it.

And you will go to jail and have no leg to stand on. Italian-Americans (if you will) are not a protected class. You are protected as I am, My family being German and Austrian. I wont deck you for calling me a kraut. Did you know "Kraut" is a derogitory term for German soldiers in world war II? "gook" was a derogatory term for NVA soldiers in vietnam. What's the difference? you tell me. the difference is that people get bent out of shape when you say "gook".

We can argue symantecs of what is really in a name, but on the flip side, someone once said "you can't say polack" when I WAS NOT telling a joke. I offered them the opportunity to correct me, and like in most every case in my life, I was right and Polack is the correct term for a person of polish decent.

The point I was trying to make in the last statement in bold is that names are nothing more then names. there will always be someone that will get offended, right or wrong. Additionally, you are a product of your upbringing. On long island or norther new jersey, being called a guido would not be an insult to many. Black Americans are known to drop the "N" bomb, and many people call people of middle eastern decent "Arabs" when this is not the case in many situations. Also, Asian is almost ALWAYS a term used exclusively for people from China and Japan and other Pacific and Orient countries. Ignorant people totally neglect to realize that the majority of Asians are in fact from India. Iraqis, Iranians, Afghans, etc are all also Asian. Did you know that "Afghani" is currency, and you should never call an Afghan an "Afghani". Well it is true, but most people dont know that.

We can discuss this all day and night. I think I have made my point, and we are all reasonable human beings. No need to beat a dead horse.
Old 09-02-2009 | 02:43 AM
Contributors

How the hell did y'all go from Pussy Magnet to this?!
Old 09-02-2009 | 02:47 AM
Members

Ethnic and racial slurs are covered in most states hate crime laws. The terms are derogatory and demeaning. If you called a person to his face the terms you explained as okay you will get more than a soft drink thrown at you. That is unless you pick your target very carefully.
Old 09-02-2009 | 02:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='995763' date='Sep 2 2009, 06:43 AM
How the hell did y'all go from Pussy Magnet to this?!
Threadjacking, that's how.
Old 09-02-2009 | 02:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='995766' date='Sep 2 2009, 06:48 AM
Threadjacking, that's how.
I was building a whole theory about how testosterone was elevated in certain members (I won't throw smoothies at anyone to point them out of a crowd or anything... ) due to the discussion having a sexual nature and thus reduced us - mostly thinking and rational humans to animals acting on instinct. And the rest was just a good ol' high school-style "king of the hill" type battle for the top pussy in the room... but "threadjacking" sounds so much more civilized, you're right

Old 09-02-2009 | 02:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sgtloc' post='995765' date='Sep 2 2009, 06:47 AM
Ethnic and racial slurs are covered in most states hate crime laws. The terms are derogatory and demeaning. If you called a person to his face the terms you explained as okay you will get more than a soft drink thrown at you. That is unless you pick your target very carefully.
some people actually throw hard liquor?!?!

Quick Reply: Bottom Line: e60 is a Pussy Magnet