Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Australian Open

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

So is anyone else into watching the Australian Open or are my wife and i just serious geeks?

I got into watching it one year while we were on vacation in France and the BBC played it live during the night - I couldn't sleep anyway and ended up getting hooked. We've watched it reigiously every year since, going on 10 years now.

We also watch the other tennis opens, but this one espeacially, every year. I even recall in 2009 I was in Kuwait waiting for a connecting flight up into Baghdad and it was on the big screen TV they had set up in the tent.

I never hear anyone talking about it though, not on radio, news, in the office, whatever. Curious, its a pretty cool game to watch, at least I think.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

If I get the chance I like to watch them...what are your predictions for the finalists for the Australian Open?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by bha7176
So is anyone else into watching the Australian Open or are my wife and i just serious geeks?

I got into watching it one year while we were on vacation in France and the BBC played it live during the night - I couldn't sleep anyway and ended up getting hooked. We've watched it reigiously every year since, going on 10 years now.

We also watch the other tennis opens, but this one espeacially, every year. I even recall in 2009 I was in Kuwait waiting for a connecting flight up into Baghdad and it was on the big screen TV they had set up in the tent.

I never hear anyone talking about it though, not on radio, news, in the office, whatever. Curious, its a pretty cool game to watch, at least I think.

Tennis....

Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
If I get the chance I like to watch them...what are your predictions for the finalists for the Australian Open?

Gotta say as much as I want it to be Federer,I think its going to be Nadal and Djokovic. Federer struggled against Simon big time yesterday. Would love to see Federer vs Roddick but I can't see that happening.

I bet two of the above four are in the finals though.

You?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

Originally Posted by bha7176
Gotta say as much as I want it to be Federer,I think its going to be Nadal and Djokovic. Federer struggled against Simon big time yesterday. Would love to see Federer vs Roddick but I can't see that happening.

I bet two of the above four are in the finals though.

You?
As good a guess as any. However, I would rather watch Sharapova. And Julia Goerges is HOT!