Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Any business owners/entrepreneurs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious to see how many self employed folks we have here, and what you do. Without the business, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to own this beauty of a car.

I struck a goldmine years back with an internet retail site which has taken off very nicely these past couple of years. I love not having a real job.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Contributors

When do I start?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by stealthology' post='927883' date='Jun 29 2009, 04:38 PM
Just curious to see how many self employed folks we have here, and what you do. Without the business, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to own this beauty of a car.

I struck a goldmine years back with an internet retail site which has taken off very nicely these past couple of years. I love not having a real job.

+1 I love it. I've been so spoiled that I don't think I can ever see myself working a regular job. Skipped the degree and I make more than most with one. It's almost a no brainer. Plus I get free time to work on bigger and better idea's that's basically what made me, 5 years of sitting on my ass and finding new ways to make a profit.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I have a few ideas ...
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='928158' date='Jun 29 2009, 08:35 PM
I have a few ideas ...
Any good ones??? I'm interested in taking on any internet sales/web marketing idea's.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

+1, though i was starting my business while in college. after i graduated i went the corporate route, then decided to go full time with my business and have never looked back.

things are going well, and i'm just entering escrow on my first house. i couldn't agree more that the time i save with my websites making me money, allows me the opportunity to look for more ways to make even more money.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Jrowe:

My friend and I have a pretty well-developed concept for a site. I believe it is highly "monetizable".

We also believe - and I'm not peddling here - that it has some serious potential.

But I'd rather you decided for yourself - if you're serious, that is.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

would love to start my own biz, but would like to have a partner...mainly so i can take a month long vaca in the summer , but also so i wont have to answer to "da man"

i see some diverse businesses...breathalizers? magazine subscriptions? may i ask a dumb question? how did u guys decide on these products?
and im assuming getting started might have been rough...what did u do, cold call a bunch of people asking them if they wanted to buy a breathalizer or a subscription? did u just put your site up and keep your fingers crossed hoping for some orders?

many thanks for any insight
Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pipper' post='929460' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:11 AM
would love to start my own biz, but would like to have a partner...mainly so i can take a month long vaca in the summer , but also so i wont have to answer to "da man"

i see some diverse businesses...breathalizers? magazine subscriptions? may i ask a dumb question? how did u guys decide on these products?
and im assuming getting started might have been rough...what did u do, cold call a bunch of people asking them if they wanted to buy a breathalizer or a subscription? did u just put your site up and keep your fingers crossed hoping for some orders?

many thanks for any insight

You know how it usually works... This may not be for everyone... But at least all the ventures I have jumped in.

It usually turns out to be something someone has used and realized it's easy to sell... I like computers... So I started a computer business... I like music production... So I decided hey i'll sell loop kits. As for the magazine guy... Truly a good market... Wish I thought of one of those... I am just now venturing into the breathlyzing market.

It's really easy to start selling stuff... For instance HDMI Cables are expensive... But little does everyone know they are actually very very cheap to make, and there are huge profit margins. Guaranteed anyone who takes on that will end up moving up to a huge market of all types of products, then one can say the same questions... how did you decide to do that? It all starts with one product. It can be anything! Sell TV wall mounts... There is ways to make money in everything you just need to start looking at whats around you.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='929318' date='Jul 1 2009, 12:31 AM
Jrowe:

My friend and I have a pretty well-developed concept for a site. I believe it is highly "monetizable".

We also believe - and I'm not peddling here - that it has some serious potential.

But I'd rather you decided for yourself - if you're serious, that is.

PM me we'll chop it up. I am always serious about business. This goes for anyone looking to break into the markets.

Quick Reply: Any business owners/entrepreneurs?