Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

America needs to have a conversation with the cruise industry

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 01:29 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: The BMW i8 Coupe and i8 Roadster are more than futuristic
Default America needs to have a conversation with the cruise industry

America needs to have a conversation with the cruise industry on coronavirus, Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott said Saturday.
In an interview on "Cavuto LIVE" with host Charles Payne, Scott said that he was surprised to hear about one of the eight confirmed cases in the state he represents after the person infected had passed away.

"I was very surprised, actually when I heard about the death in Lee County, which is adjoining to the county I live in. We didn't know there was even a presumptive case," Scott exclaimed. "We need to make sure, where did this person travel? We need to make sure whoever if they traveled into the airport, who was on that flight? Let's make sure they can get tested."

According to U.S. health officials, two people who tested positive for the new coronavirus died in Florida on Saturday, marking the first deaths on the East Coast attributed to the outbreak. A spokeswoman for Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis reported via Twitter than the individuals were in their 70s and had traveled overseas and DeSantis issued an order directing a Level II public health emergency in the sunshine state.

The announcement raises the U.S. death toll from the coronavirus strain to 16, including 13 in the state of Washington and one in California. There are at least 253 confirmed cases across the country.