Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Let's just refresh everyone's "spending memory":

Before leaving office in 1999 Bill Clinton outlined the fact that his balanced budgets (despite being a "tax and spend liberal") had the country on track for being debt free by 2009.

Before leaving office in 2008, George "duh" Bush had the country in terrible economic times and RECORD deficits.

It it just funny to me that all the ones complaining about the spending done by Obama were silent when Bush ran up the deficit to record levels. And speaking of partisan, didn't the dynamic duo of the "Imbecile and the Vampire" (Bush/Cheney) ram through legislation by (as usual) fear tactics and backroom deals?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Let's just refresh everyone's "spending memory":

Before leaving office in 1999 Bill Clinton outlined the fact that his balanced budgets (despite being a "tax and spend liberal") had the country on track for being debt free by 2009.

Before leaving office in 2008, George "duh" Bush had the country in terrible economic times and RECORD deficits.

It it just funny to me that all the ones complaining about the spending done by Obama were silent when Bush ran up the deficit to record levels. And speaking of partisan, didn't the dynamic duo of the "Imbecile and the Vampire" (Bush/Cheney) ram through legislation by (as usual) fear tactics and backroom deals?
I never understood this type of arguement, if that is what you are offering? Its called the slight of hand. Who is talking about spending memory in this health care debate? At some point, you have to get over the Bush bashing, he's done and over with. period. Do you not believe that 9/11 and the world after had something to do with the state of the economy in the 2000s? Not to argue policy of whether we should have gone to Iraq or not, but if we are to think that the Clinton years were beautiful and the Bush terrible, we need to atleast be honest of what really took place. Clinton was president during the dot.com boom and the economy benefited greatly. He learned to cut takes and lead from the center, not the far left. In terms of reality, one can make an arguement that if Clinton would have killed Bin Lauden when we had the chance in the late 90s, perhaps none of the world looks like today, but we cant, it happened and we have to move on. Im not a Republican so I dont have to defend the former administration, to the contrary, they did themselves all the harm in the world by going against their conservative nature and following suit with the Democrats that led to the budgetary concerns. However, we must agree that most of the defecit that was left by Bush was due to the financial meltdown. The deficit only began when the bailouts did. And guess what, the original money that was proposed by the Bush administration has already been paid back for the most part. But guess what, the curren administation said LOTTO and decides to not take that money and pay off the debt to the tune of some $500Billion and choose to use it on more social stimulus. I enjoy debate, but the facts should be somewhere in the picture. When does this admistration take responsibility?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill
1.) You are entitled to you own opinion but not to your own facts.... http://www.rasmussen...rty_affiliation
Is there a point to this comment? This just notes Democrats, when there used to be a concept of a social conservative democrat, I was noting liberal thinking vs conservatives, where conservatives outnumber liberals 2 to 1

just follow your fingers: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...o_conservative

In August, 18% of voters identified themselves as Very Conservative while 26% said they are Somewhat Conservative. 18+26= 44% are conservative

At the other extreme, 8% see themselves as Very Liberal and 14% are Somewhat Liberal.
8+14=22% say they're liberal
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

and the lounge is alive again

Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

Gene you are too funny
Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Attached Thumbnails all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car-1269362365068.jpg  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

wooohoooo!

all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car-1lars%2520fossok_bbrd_slideshow_604x500.jpg

all the money i was gonna spend on mods to my car-2xcentricmiketx_brd.jpg
Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Contributors

m630 i you
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by m630
wooohoooo!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM