Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Airline humor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:08 AM
gpt
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quanta's Airlines...

After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems; document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that
ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual maintenance complaints submitted by Quantas' pilots (marked with a P) and the solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers. By the way, Quantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident.

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wi! ng afte r brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last...

P. Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget
Old 06-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Old but funny as hell
Old 06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gpt' post='301420' date='Jun 22 2006, 10:08 AM
P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.
Are you sure this airline has never had an accident with its planes????
Old 06-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by arthurk' post='301609' date='Jun 22 2006, 09:28 PM
Are you sure this airline has never had an accident with its planes????
Actually Qantas (no U in the name!) had accidents allready!

A funny repost that remind me on my conversations with my BMW technician...
Old 06-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='301678' date='Jun 22 2006, 06:12 PM
Actually Qantas (no U in the name!) had accidents allready!
From the Qantas Wiki...

Incidents and accidents

* On 26 May 1971 Qantas received a call from a "Mr Brown" claiming that there was a bomb planted on a Hong Kong-bound jet and that he wanted $500,000. Arrangements were made to pick up the money from the head office of the airline in the heart of the Sydney business district. After Qantas paid the money and it was safely collected, Mr Brown called again, advising the bomb story was a hoax. The initial pursuit of the perpetrator was bungled by the NSW Police who, despite having been advised of the matter from the time of the first call, failed to establish adequate surveillance of the pick up of the money. Tipped off by a car dealer who had received a large amount of cash from a purchaser, the police eventually arrested an Englishman, Peter Macari, finding more than $138,000 hidden in an Annandale property. Convicted and sentenced to 15 years' jail, Macari served nine years before being deported to England.
* It is often claimed, most notably in the 1988 movie Rain Man, that Qantas has never had a fatal crash. However, the company's official line is that it has never lost a "jet" aircraft. Prior to the jet era, Qantas had fatal crashes. One was on 16 July 1951, when De Havilland Drover VH-EBQ crashed in New Guinea after an engine failure, killing all seven passengers and crew. Other fatal accidents occurred in 1927, 1934, 1942, 1943 (?2), and 1944.
* Qantas' record in the jet era was spotless until Boeing 747-400 VH-OJH, carrying 407 passengers and crew, over-ran the runway by 220 metres, ending up in a golf course, while landing in a rainstorm at Bangkok on 23 September 1999. [1] There were no fatalities; however, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau criticised numerous inadequacies in Qantas' operational and training processes. [2] Repairs to the nine-year-old aircraft were undertaken in Bangkok and China at a cost in excess of A$100 million, believed to be the most expensive in history. The aircraft had suffered extensive damage to landing gear, engines and engine pylons and the front fuselage and it was widely suggested at the time that it should have been written-off. Qantas denied that pressure had been applied to insurers to avoid a hull-loss being recorded so that the airline's safety record would remain intact, it was also suspected that the pilot of the aircraft had was intoxicated, and also allowed a female friend into the cockpit before the aircraft landed and ended up in the golf course. The following year 747-300 VH-EBW was damaged when its landing gear collapsed while taxiing at Rome. It also returned to service after repairs.
* On 21 August 2005, an incident occurred involving Qantas Airbus A330-300 VH-QPE with 178 passengers and 13 crew aboard. The aircraft made an emergency landing at Kansai Airport in Osaka, Japan after an indication of smoke in the cargo hold. The Osaka Control Tower reported seeing smoke on landing, so an emergency evacuation was declared as a precaution and emergency slides were deployed. Nine passengers were injured and hospitalised. Subsequent investigation found no sign of smoke or fire, and it is believed that the cargo fire sensors were faulty. The aircraft was only 15 months old at the time of the incident.

* On 2 February 2006, a Qantas Boeing 767-300ER VH-OGH, carrying 155 passengers and 11 crew, and a United Airlines 747-400, carrying 99 passengers and 14 crew, were involved in a collision while on the runway at Melbourne Airport. The Qantas aircraft sustained damage to a horizontal stabiliser while the United aircraft damaged a wingtip. The Qantas 767 was parked at the holding point awaiting a take-off clearance when the United 747 taxied into it, causing the damage. United released a statement saying its flight 840 from Melbourne to Los Angeles via Sydney "reported a wingtip touch with a Qantas aircraft as it taxied". No passengers were injured in the incident. Qantas recently hired a new safety officer, Andrew Thrush. [3]
Old 06-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 525i, sport package & all the other goodies included

Funny stuff.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

This would worry me if I was the next pilot :

"P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious."
Old 06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

VERY FUNNY.. thanks for posting...

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.
sounds like "tom & jerry" are on that flight..hehehe