Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2007 European GP

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

The Formula 1 European Gran Prix at the infamous Nurburgring (but not the Nordschleife)

Qualifying was interesting yet again. Lewis Hamilton had a blown out front right tire during Q3 which took him straight into the barriers. He was taken off on a gurney and into an ambulance but he was waving his hands and giving the thumbs up the whole time. I think he's going to be back for tomorrows race. Reviewing the incident reveals something in his suspension failing and not necessarily a problem with the tire. Critics were guessing that his wheel may not have been securely bolted to the car before he left pit lane. Lewis will start in 10th.

Kimi Raikkonen has been doing consistantly well. He is the pole sitter for tomorrows race. However, the amazing thing is that Fernando Alonso lost control of his car for a split second in turns 5 and 6. I would venture to guess that he lost perhaps 0.8 to 1.0 seconds from that mishap and he still came in only 0.29 seconds behind Kimi. I have no doubt he would have been in pole position if not for that slip.

Both BMW's are where we expect them to be. Nick will start ahead of his teammate Robert in 4th and 5th respectively.

Here's the top 10 starting positions:

1 Kimi R?ikk?nen Ferrari
2 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes
3 Felipe Massa Ferrari
4 Nick Heidfeld BMW
5 Robert Kubica BMW
6 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
7 Heikki Kovalainen Renault
8 Jarno Trulli Toyota
9 Ralf Schumacher Toyota
10 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
Old 07-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

What the hell was Hamilton doing with his legs right after the impact. From the in-car shot he was moving his legs up-down very quickly. Just looked odd.

Here is a video. Watch his legs.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Members

My guess is he was just making sure they were okay, or throwing a tantrum...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Member545' post='450771' date='Jul 22 2007, 07:38 AM
My guess is he was just making sure they were okay, or throwing a tantrum...
Nope. I suffered the same thing when i had the accident of my life. When in shock, the legs, especially after suffering tremendous loads or shocks, move at high rate and the muscles contract in spasm. It's a thing of shock and it cannot be controlled.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Members

Either way i'm glad he's alright and that he's going to race today. I guess what they say is true, that everything is under the compensation law and that no matter how talented, gifted, and competitive are you, when things go so well over a large period of time, you have to expect to come sometimes soon a reverse, or a compensation. Be it a lose in performance or an accident stuff like this will come, and Hamilton is no exception.

Alonso was on a VERY VERY hot lap. I expect him to pass Kimi shortly after the start. Indeed if he would have made that little mistake than he would have gotten pole easily.

What i heard is the fact that Alonso wouldn't be that affected if Mclaren would loose the battle in the court over the spy issue, because he'll have the proper opportunity to brake the contract with Mclaren. I understood that he's searching for another team, and as i see things he won't be that eager to return to Renault even though Flavio wants him back very bad, at Ferrari it's clear there's no room, what it remains is BMW. But if the executives at BMW with Dr. Mario the leader, think of such a move, who would they kick out?! Heidfeld would be the most rational solution since despite his experience and the fact that he is a native he didn't really perform untill he got some real competition (Kubica) and at his age he never won a GP. At least that's what i would do. Alonso would be very nice to come at BMW. It would be my dream hehe
Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Best Formula 1 race this season all cars spinning out, I thought it is a drift champs

let's how it ends
Old 07-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

ok red flag so rew back the race mate!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

OMG indeed best race so far. ahaha i like so much how so many drivers went ballet dancing in that right hander, and Hamilton was one of them. I guess the youth and inexperience had smth to say. Anyway i was amazed that they let him race after the car was pulled out of the gravel trap with the crane. I didn't know the regulations allow such a thing.

Anyway, also VERY disappointed of how Heidfeld drove the whole race. I mean boy even hit Robert, when his team mate clearly was ahead and was on the ideal line, stupid Heidfeld forced him in a spin, and both lost a lot of positions. Not to mention that he swept out R. Schumacher which was not very sporty, but i must say neither Ralf had the brains to let him pass since Hiedfeld had the nose on the interior ahead around half the toyota and Ralf simply closed the line. But even so it's applaud able how Heidfeld ended in front of Kubica despite 6 pit stops

But the delice of the race was the battle (or not) between Alonso and Massa at the end of the race. Here you have a clear difference in class between the 2 pilots. Alonso shines in the rain, and he showed that putting in a few laps 7.5 seconds after the pass between him and the second runner. As Iceman would put it "stupid mofo" was clearly the best. And in style. Also i agree with him at the end when Alonso got out of the car he showed to everybody that stuff like that you simply don't do (pointing out the hit). And idiot Massa had the nerve to comment afterwards....HMMM now that's a stupid mofo. I don't even know what he had to comment, when he was simply outclassed.

The lil robot again was hit by bad luck (obviously), but did you guy notice how Ron Dennis took Alonso twice under his arm at the end next to the podium but Alonso didn't even respond, the same when he parked his car. Clearly Alonso is a winner, and a very proud driver but i still hold to my thought that he felt slightly pushed away by Ron's kid and the team's love for Lewis. I think Alonso's days are numbered at Mclaren. Let's wait and see the outcome of the Ferrari vs Mclaren spy story ends. As i said i'd love to see Alonso at BMW, to boost the team and perfect the car. The BMW engine is on par with the top 2 teams but the whole car i think has to be perfected yet. IMO Heidfeld has to go.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

I reckon Robert had issues with the car or tyres in the last laps, If he could hold out teen laps to Massa at Silverstone he can certainly hold out Heidfeld and he was losing something like 2 seconds per lap to Heidfeld in the laps before Heidfeld overtook him.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PoleApart' post='450859' date='Jul 22 2007, 05:45 PM
I reckon Robert had issues with the car or tyres in the last laps, If he could hold out teen laps to Massa at Silverstone he can certainly hold out Heidfeld and he was losing something like 2 seconds per lap to Heidfeld in the laps before Heidfeld overtook him.
Possible. We'd have to wait and see the comments from the bmw sauber website. Also i'm eager to see the comments regarding the incident between the 2.

Quick Reply: 2007 European GP