Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

2007 Canadian GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='435153' date='Jun 13 2007, 10:15 AM
I wonder if this incident rattled his nerves though. We'll see how quickly he can get back into the groove.
dont forget the people are not humans, they are super humans.
they can take upto 6Gs, just like a fighter pilot.
So they are much stonger than most people in both body and mined.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='435149' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:51 AM
Thank you for the link.

After reading this i truly don't know what's in his mind. Might be what Centurion said, or maybe he feels affected, or maybe he just wanted to make waves with comments like that.

He says he's not complaining but:
"We knew all the support and help would go his way. It is something I understand and I'm not complaining."
...if this is not an indirect complain then what is it?!

I truly think that McLaren is not favoring Hamilton...for the moment. In time i think this would be possible since it's is very well known that the team favors it's native driver. Just as BMW Sauber will favor for a very long time Nick and not Robert. Even Dr. Mario admits it since Nick is a German. And i truly understand them, wouldn't you favor your countryman if you see him performing. So unless there is a big gap in the drivers, then teams generally will always favor their countrymen.

My main problem is how could Alonso set-up his car that bad for the Canadian GP?! I mean it was clear that he made some mistakes from trying to push on, but that was not the fundamental problem. It was clear the car was not so well balanced and the set-up was not that good. Alonso is good at s=tuning his car. What happened?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='435306' date='Jun 13 2007, 08:34 AM
Thank you for the link.

After reading this i truly don't know what's in his mind. Might be what Centurion said, or maybe he feels affected, or maybe he just wanted to make waves with comments like that.

He says he's not complaining but:
"We knew all the support and help would go his way. It is something I understand and I'm not complaining."
...if this is not an indirect complain then what is it?!

I truly think that McLaren is not favoring Hamilton...for the moment. In time i think this would be possible since it's is very well known that the team favors it's native driver. Just as BMW Sauber will favor for a very long time Nick and not Robert. Even Dr. Mario admits it since Nick is a German. And i truly understand them, wouldn't you favor your countryman if you see him performing. So unless there is a big gap in the drivers, then teams generally will always favor their countrymen.

My main problem is how could Alonso set-up his car that bad for the Canadian GP?! I mean it was clear that he made some mistakes from trying to push on, but that was not the fundamental problem. It was clear the car was not so well balanced and the set-up was not that good. Alonso is good at s=tuning his car. What happened?
Agreed.
The way I saw it this past weekend, it was bad decisions and car set up that best explains Fernando's results.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='435153' date='Jun 13 2007, 04:15 AM
Unbelievable that Robert sustained only a sprain and is enthusiastic about returning for the US Grand Prix this weekend.
The reports have stated, however, that he must first get clearance from the FIA medical commitee.
Yep, he will get checked by the FIA md's tomorrow.
But everybody is confident that he will pass the tests!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='435360' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:17 AM
Yep, he will get checked by the FIA md's tomorrow.
But everybody is confident that he will pass the tests!
That's good news.
I hope to watch him race at Indy.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Kubica quotes:
"I am going to Indianapolis and I hope that the FIA doctors will say OK for me driving,"he said. "I feel very good. I was very lucky, it was a big accident, but fortunately nothing was hurt. That's the positive side."
"I remember quite a lot, nearly everything. We just touched together (Trulli), we just tried to fight, and that's all."

If Kubica can't race Timo Glock may have the edge over Sebastien Vettel as replacement, thanks to the fact that he has raced at Indianapolis with Jordan in 2004 and is on great form in GP2.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Canadian GP-kubicacrash.jpg  
Old 06-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='435595' date='Jun 14 2007, 08:10 AM
Kubica quotes:
"I am going to Indianapolis and I hope that the FIA doctors will say OK for me driving,"he said. "I feel very good. I was very lucky, it was a big accident, but fortunately nothing was hurt. That's the positive side."
"I remember quite a lot, nearly everything. We just touched together (Trulli), we just tried to fight, and that's all."
If Kubica can't race Timo Glock may have the edge over Sebastien Vettel as replacement, thanks to the fact that he has raced at Indianapolis with Jordan in 2004 and is on great form in GP2.

The FIA doctors' verdict is that Kubica cannot race in Indianapolis...
Old 06-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Vettel takes Kubicas cockpit @ Indy

Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='435891' date='Jun 14 2007, 03:44 PM
Wow! I didn't know Vettel was 19 years old!
It was a safety decision on behalf of the FIA. But no worries, I'm sure we'll see Robert back soon...unless, what if Sebastian makes it on the podium?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='435891' date='Jun 15 2007, 06:44 AM
that good I think.
His bady is 100% ok but I dont think he mind is 100% ok after a 180mph crash.
if he did drive this weekend he will be a bit slower, unless he dose not care about his life and just a hard fast driver mind
He be back in not time.

Quick Reply: 2007 Canadian GP