Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Video on Nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='326452' date='Aug 24 2006, 03:00 PM
Yes but what if I want to go to CD from the main menu, will Nav TV kick in and override my wish?
So you're saying that you want to listen to a CD and watch TV? That's good question, I don't know how that would work. Why do you want to do that though?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dom,
Does it mean that when I push i-Drive puck to 6 o'clock 3x, it'll change video source, but MASK/CCC will be in Entertainment menu?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Members

Hi
You move to 6 o'clock 1x takes you to entertaintment sub menu. If there is a sub menu after that at the 6 o'clock position it will go to that sub menu first. When there isn't anymore sub menus in the 6'oclock position then the I-Drive controller works. You then have to move to 6 o'clock 3x's consectutively within the same motion from the point of no more sub menus to get the video to change. If you just move to 6 o'clock 1x or 2 x NOTHING will happen to the video source. If you move to 6 o'clock 1X wait, then 6 o'clock 1X and wait, then 6 o'clock 1x and wait NOTHING will happen to the video source. I really don't know any other way to explain it sorry. understand????
This is why this project was put on hold for so long.

Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by my530i' post='326464' date='Aug 24 2006, 06:32 PM
Dom,
Does it mean that when I push i-Drive puck to 6 o'clock 3x, it'll change video source, but MASK/CCC will be in Entertainment menu?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by my530i' post='326464' date='Aug 25 2006, 12:32 AM
Dom,
The video selection menu from the menu is "under" the last menu in the entertainment menu.
You push the controller down at 6 once, entertainment menu, twice more, you move down and finally get the menu for the video module, I guess.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DomofNavwithtv' post='326467' date='Aug 24 2006, 03:37 PM
Hi
You move to 6 o'clock 1x takes you to entertaintment sub menu. If there is a sub menu after that at the 6 o'clock position it will go to that sub menu first. When there isn't anymore sub menus in the 6'oclock position then the I-Drive controller works. You then have to move to 6 o'clock 3x's consectutively within the same motion from the point of no more sub menus to get the video to change. If you just move to 6 o'clock 1x or 2 x NOTHING will happen to the video source. If you move to 6 o'clock 1X wait, then 6 o'clock 1X and wait, then 6 o'clock 1x and wait NOTHING will happen to the video source. I really don't know any other way to explain it sorry. understand????
This is why this project was put on hold for so long.

So if we have to go all the way to the last menu, which makes sense, why do we have to push the control 3 times more? Why can't it just be 1 or 2 times? Sorry, once again I'm lazy and just want to do the least amount of work.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Members

Hi
Real simple. If it was 6-1, then when you tried to go to the entertainment mode the car doesn't know what you want it to do. Should it go to the entertainment sub menu or should it change video sources. See the problem??? 6-2 is the same situation if the is a menu 2 subs below entertainment that you wanted.

Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2go.com

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='326470' date='Aug 24 2006, 06:42 PM
So if we have to go all the way to the last menu, which makes sense, why do we have to push the control 3 times more? Why can't it just be 1 or 2 times? Sorry, once again I'm lazy and just want to do the least amount of work.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='326470' date='Aug 25 2006, 12:42 AM
OK, here is how I understand it:

the module is controllable via idrive, but they don't add a code to the idrive software, so its positions need to be added somehow.
When you are in the main screen and push the controller down to 6 once, you enter the entertainment menu. When you are in the entertainment menu, you are in the first (top) row, where you select the source. To have the video module in this line, the code of the original idrive software would need to be changed. They can't do that for several reasons. So you go down to 6 once, now you can select all stations or manual, or if in CD then cd, dvd, cd changer... You push the controler to 6 for a second time and you're in the main part of the screen, the stations, or the CD dial, then you push it a third time to "leave" the screen at the bottom, and there you are controlling the video module.

That's how I understand this and I think this makes sense.

You can't do it any other way without modding BMW's idrive software.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Members

Hi
I think you got it.
You have to be in a position of the screen where there is no confusion to the car as to what you want to do.
You can't have more than 1 choice happen at a time.

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='326480' date='Aug 24 2006, 06:59 PM

the module is controllable via idrive, but they don't add a code to the idrive software, so its positions need to be added somehow.
When you are in the main screen and push the controller down to 6 once, you enter the entertainment menu. When you are in the entertainment menu, you are in the first (top) row, where you select the source. To have the video module in this line, the code of the original idrive software would need to be changed. They can't do that for several reasons. So you go down to 6 once, now you can select all stations or manual, or if in CD then cd, dvd, cd changer... You push the controler to 6 for a second time and you're in the main part of the screen, the stations, or the CD dial, then you push it a third time to "leave" the screen at the bottom, and there you are controlling the video module.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='326480' date='Aug 24 2006, 03:59 PM

Except that would be 6-4, 1-Entertainment (top row), 2-Entertainment (second row), 3-Entertainment (main part of screen), 4-Video Module.

What I think Dom is saying is that once your in the last menu of the Entertainment screen (main part of screen) it is then another 3 pushes to activate the video module, so a total of 6 before you can actually see video. I'm wondering why it can't just be the next push like you just talked about, that way it is only 4. Either that or I'm totally lost and I'll just shut up now and wait to get the unit to see how it works.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Push down to 6 1x -> Entertainment (top row)
Push down to 6 1x -> Entertainment Source (second row)
Push down to 6 1x -> Entertainment, say CD dial where you can change track
Push down to 6 3x -> You change video source

So there are a total of six 6 o'clock push-downs, right?
It should be called 6 o'clock 6x or 6-6, then.

Quick Reply: Video on Nav