Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

SPRINT BOOSTER GROUP BUY $245 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530 JET BLACK, PREMIUM AND SPORT PACKAGE, REAR FOLD DOWN SEATS.

i just ordered mines . . cant wait
Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by wannatesdr' post='554469' date='Apr 1 2008, 07:49 PM
i just ordered mines . . cant wait

OK, now I'm really bummed. My wife was home all day and the mail guy came again and just through a notice in the mailbox for me to come pick it up at the post office!!! What is that crap....get your butt out of the little white tin can and walk 50 feet up to my door with the little package . I paid for the delivery, what the heck!

Anyway, sounds like we've added a few more people. Stel_i79, let me know if you need any help ordering.

Purchased So Far:
1. TBone550i (Auto)
2. Moschse (Auto)
3. FlyingPuck (Auto)
4. Eugene134 (Manual)
5. Hp99hp (Auto)
6. Keith84_UK (?)
7. Jdcinc_21 (Auto)
8. MonacoBMW (?)
9. Bteljuice1 (auto)
10. Bteljuice1 (auto)
11. Wannatesdr
12. Stel_i79

I can't wait to hook mine up, but I will probably wait until Saturday to be able to do a couple of good runs before and then after I install it.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='554344' date='Apr 1 2008, 04:39 PM
Definately makes the car respond 5 times quicker, the only problem i'm having is and I think it may be because of the Intake not the sprint booster, the car sputters in first geasr between 1,000-2,500 RPm's when I accelarate quick.

During shifting the car pulls nicely and accelarate real quick with sprint booster.

For those with good mailmen who actually deliver........How was the install? I haven't tried installing yet, but the directions seem really thin. Any tips or things to watch our for?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

The sprint booster is not that great. not sure what all the hype is about.

just kidding!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='554275' date='Apr 1 2008, 10:21 AM
I took mine off and loaned it to Glock-357 to use on his M5. He was just here at my work and plugged it in. All the warning lights came on but went away when we restarted the car. Hope to get some good feedback from him.
Thank you for doing that Tony.

Just logged about 120 miles with it and it worked great with no issues and I tested numerous ways (i.e. SMG reaction, 1 sec break holds on a hill still, full throttle, a little sideways, D-mode using kickdown, idle RPM before and after install, cruise control and anything else I could think of). Every other aspect of the car performed as prior to the install with no ill side effects.

I did notice that it seems to get the difference from full throttle point as during this drive I went between 75% and WOT and back and forth between those points and it did not seem there was any difference in acceleration. Kind of like the throttle is already WOT at about 75% with this installed. But I thank you for putting that in my head and letting me know what to look for based on DarrenDallas's comment. I need to do the same thing at this throttle range after I remove it to verify this isn't the same feeling as OEM.

I am probably going to buy one myself. I just want to compare it without now. My right leg was sore after the drive and I don't know if that was because of having to be more precise with my throttle position or just the long crappy drive to Richmond and back and traffic.

I definitely love the feel of the improved response. I am just wondering if it is better for controlling the car (say sideways or hard cornering) to have a little more range in the throttle (i.e. for feathering the throttle). I think that just comes down to driver's preference.

Oh and for some reason the car does seem to shift quicker in all SMG modes even when at lower RPM where the SMG normally shifts slow no matter what mode. That is kind of nice. I guess it could just be similar to shifting with more throttle. I'll check that out once I remove it too.

I can't imagine how it is going to feel when I take it back off tonight or tomorrow morning. The throttle response is nice and the car just feels faster in general. I know that it is not any faster, but if it feels good just do it I suppose!

Tony, I can swing it back by your office tomorrow sometime. Let me know what will work for ya and let me know if you want me to re-install it when I am there. Thanks again Brotha!

Oh, and if anyone needs help installing at CCH Friday, I'll bring my 5mm alan wrench which is all you need and about 5 minutes. You don't need to buy my dinner, though.

Simple explanation of install 1) Remove 5mm hex head (alan wrench) bolt at base of pedal (the bolt is covered with a small plastic plug that I used the end of a small paper clip to remove) 2) slide entire assembly upwards to remove 3) reach around and squeeze the outer side of the plug to release and remove plug. (your view of the plug will be blocked by the pedal assembly, but just look at the SB plug to understand) 4) plug in SB to gas pedal assembly and other end into the plug coming out of the floor. (you can't go wrong here but be careful to look how it is supposed to plug in so you do not bend any of the pins) 5)Re-install.

When reinstalling you can hide the plastic plug end inside the pedal assembly about where the other end is plugged in and then just tuck the wire beside the peddle assembly. You should do that before putting back the hexhead bolt.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530 JET BLACK, PREMIUM AND SPORT PACKAGE, REAR FOLD DOWN SEATS.

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='554498' date='Apr 1 2008, 02:33 PM
OK, now I'm really bummed. My wife was home all day and the mail guy came again and just through a notice in the mailbox for me to come pick it up at the post office!!! What is that crap....get your butt out of the little white tin can and walk 50 feet up to my door with the little package . I paid for the delivery, what the heck!

Anyway, sounds like we've added a few more people. Stel_i79, let me know if you need any help ordering.

Purchased So Far:
1. TBone550i (Auto)
2. Moschse (Auto)
3. FlyingPuck (Auto)
4. Eugene134 (Manual)
5. Hp99hp (Auto)
6. Keith84_UK (?)
7. Jdcinc_21 (Auto)
8. MonacoBMW (?)
9. Bteljuice1 (auto)
10. Bteljuice1 (auto)
11. Wannatesdr
12. Stel_i79

I can't wait to hook mine up, but I will probably wait until Saturday to be able to do a couple of good runs before and then after I install it.

Thank you for the updated list and putting the group buy together just to let you know i ordered the auto version. Hearing all these great things about the SB is making me excited
Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Glock-357' post='554591' date='Apr 1 2008, 07:54 PM
...I did notice that it seems to get the difference from full throttle point as during this drive I went between 75% and WOT and back and forth between those points and it did not seem there was any difference in acceleration. Kind of like the throttle is already WOT at about 75% with this installed. But I thank you for putting that in my head and letting me know what to look for based on DarrenDallas's comment. I need to do the same thing at this throttle range after I remove it to verify this isn't the same feeling as OEM.

...I can't imagine how it is going to feel when I take it back off tonight or tomorrow morning. The throttle response is nice and the car just feels faster in general. I know that it is not any faster, but if it feels good just do it I suppose!
Stumbled onto the following technical article revealing exactly how it works.

http://forum.evotechnik.net/attachment.php...mp;d=1200489876

As assumed this more or less amplifies the signal (voltage by 1.3) making the curve to full throttle vs. pedal input more aggressive. So essentially you lose the last 1/3 of the pedal input as I felt.

Nonetheless the feeling of it is great and it all depends on what feel the driver is looking for.

This certainly make the M5 FEEL even faster and sportier and isn't that why we drive these cars.

For me I will be re-evaluating the OEM throttle response especially in P500S after returning ECF's SB (I tend to drive in P500 or P500S S6 mode as soon as the car is warm regardless of traffic). At MOST times it would be nice NOT to have to provide as much throttle movement to get to higher or full throttle as with SB (i.e. driving around town, freeways, etc.) and this certainly makes for a more exciting driving experience. SOMETIMES it would be nice to have more travel to full throttle as without SB (i.e. smaller incremental changes to throttle position attainable for such things as controlling speed at the limits of traction). As such this may not be a necessity for me, but we'll see if I can live with how sluggish the car feels tomorrow after driving all day with it today which was a blast.

So if it sounds like I am on the fence, even still, well...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Great feedback John!

I know the SB feels great on but another deciding factor is when you remove it and see how different the car feels without it. I'm missing it already but I don't mind you holding onto it longer to get your full evaluation. Either way, I'll be at my office today.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Members

Hey T...do you still have enough sprint boosters to add me into your list of eagers

I'd like to go for a "auto" one...if you'r not mind.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='554503' date='Apr 1 2008, 08:38 PM
For those with good mailmen who actually deliver........How was the install? I haven't tried installing yet, but the directions seem really thin. Any tips or things to watch our for?
I couldn't wait until the weekend, so I popped it in this morning. The instructions on this thread are dead on...Perfect. There are two areas that I found challenging: 1) getting my sausage fingers to pull out the stock plug from the accelerator unit, and 2) hiding the wire after installing the SB. All in, I was done in less than 10 min.

My initial thoughts are "WOW"...drove 10 miles to work, and I was pitching a tent the entire way...

Can't wait to take it out later for more fun...

Big thanks to Andy and Tbone550i...you guys rock!

Quick Reply: SPRINT BOOSTER GROUP BUY $245 Shipped