Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

Group Buy : E60 LED OEM EU Tail-lights with V5 cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='643619' date='Aug 11 2008, 12:12 AM
The problem is most people don't realise that its not two bits of cables that you are buying. These are OEM BMW cables which a control box built into them and there is a lot of expensive electronics involved in them too. Plus ofcourse the time it takes to put these things together and test them before you receive your cables. See picture http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=560858

Are there any errors : No, everything should work as normal. And it is completely plug and play with no dealer installation required.

The other option to get these working is the BMW retrofit route - which if you think this is expensive wait till you hear how much that option costs.
I find the taillights nicely priced but sorry the cable + electronics box is just as expensive. I mean how can a box with whatever electronics be as expensive as the taillight itself (which contains the casing, the leds and all the other stuff). I mean i am quite curious on what does that box contain. Does it have a CPU or something? J/K
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I think you just cast the evil eye on the price of the lights Alex (the lights dealer) will no longer honour this Group Buy price. Its not profitable for him anymore and since his dealership status has been removed he has to pay full price for these + tax. However in case anyone is still interested in lights then his price is 500 EUROS for the set. The price for the cables are still the same in case you order the lights from Alex.

Wiu-Bimmer - you're EXTREMELY lucky to get the last set of lights at the pre-increased price of 365 EUROS.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='644376' date='Aug 12 2008, 01:22 AM
I think you just cast the evil eye on the price of the lights Alex (the lights dealer) will no longer honour this Group Buy price. Its not profitable for him anymore and since his dealership status has been removed he has to pay full price for these + tax. However in case anyone is still interested in lights then his price is 500 EUROS for the set. The price for the cables are still the same in case you order the lights from Alex.

Wiu-Bimmer - you're EXTREMELY lucky to get the last set of lights at the pre-increased price of 365 EUROS.
LOL no, sorry, i cast the evil eye on the price of that cable.

Good luck with the group buy!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='644610' date='Aug 12 2008, 01:01 AM
LOL no, sorry, i cast the evil eye on the price of that cable.
Good luck with the group buy!
BetterMakeWay, do your research buddy, there is no other option (Other than bad fake imitations)... and just in case, if you happen to know of any other alternative/inexpensive route to do this mod, then you can start your own BMW retrofit taillight business
Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='644735' date='Aug 12 2008, 05:49 PM
BetterMakeWay, do your research buddy, there is no other option (Other than bad fake imitations)... and just in case, if you happen to know of any other alternative/inexpensive route to do this mod, then you can start your own BMW retrofit taillight business
Yes i did a lil bit of research...i'm quite an active member here and the thing is that i didn't find a better price for the taillights. That's what attracted me in the first place, but then i saw the cable price and when i compared the value of the tail lights and the value of the cables it struck me!

It seems to me i hit a nerve with that comment. Maybe that was the catch with the attractive price on the tail lights...or maybe I'm just wrong and that cable is an advanced piece of technology like an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 CPU. But hey what do i know!?

And no i don't feel the urge to start my own BMW retrofit business. I only feel the urge to know on what i'm spending my money, always.

This is my last post on this! As i said good luck with the sales people!