Group Buys For the listing and discussion of group buys only!

CKS coilover for E60 Xi

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 04tl
once i receive the parts for the front i will be removing the coils and posting them forsale. Anyone who might be interested let me know. they only have about 40 miles on them from going back and forth to the installer.
LOL

Should've just ponied up and went with the KWs, huh?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ss109
LOL

Should've just ponied up and went with the KWs, huh?
money wasnt the issue. Was trying to give a new vender a chance. KW was new at this once. so unless you have something useful to contribute keep your useless post to yourself.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 04tl
money wasnt the issue. Was trying to give a new vender a chance. KW was new at this once. so unless you have something useful to contribute keep your useless post to yourself.
I never said money was the issue. You're quick to assume things. But why waste all of this time and energy when you could've been happy months ago?

You purchased a budget coilover set and that's what you got.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 650i 6sp
Engine: 4.8l V8

You purchased a prototype coilover set and that's what you got.
Ill fix that for ya.

If you are referring to CKS coils as "budget coilovers" then V2's fit that same mold. And V1's dont even register. CKS offers features that even V3's dont and run around $400 less retail. They simply did not do enough R&D on this application. Simple as that.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

I never said money was the issue. You're quick to assume things. But why waste all of this time and energy when you could've been happy months ago?

You purchased a budget coilover set and that's what you got.
you sir. are a complete idiot. so what's the reasoning behind getting KW's? because everyone else is getting them? paying a stupid amount of money for a set of coils that won't ever see track use? get off KW's dick and do your research. CKS coilovers are not, as you say, "budget coilover(s)".

quick to run your mouth. and all this coming from a kid that says avant garde (although the dude designed wheels for vip modular and has a decent lie of 3 piece wheels, still makes budget rep wheels) wheels look good.

and it's should have gone* not "should have went."
Old 05-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by The_Sauce
Ill fix that for ya.

. CKS offers features that even V3's dont and run around $400 less retail. They simply did not do enough R&D on this application. Simple as that.
This is a confusing statement, cks offer features that v3's don't but if they don't fit then what.. As a xit owner fitment is the most important features... Not getting into a Internet debate..
But please elaborate on the features that you refered to..
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: 650i 6sp
Engine: 4.8l V8

Wasn't referring to anything model specific. Almost all CKS coilovers i have seen come with camber plates, KW's do not. They also have dual adjustment(you can adjust the size of the shock). KW doesn't. Nothing insane. But those are features certain individuals might look for. I am one of those individuals.

As you say, the fact that they do not fit and work on the car makes them as worthless as can be, fitment is the ideal key to any component of a car. Doesn't mean they are a "budget suspension option", they were simply not researched enough before they were designed, built and sold for this application. I know some people running them on their Mercedes and other BMWs and they are quite a nice suspension. Shame they had to start off on such a bad foot with the Xi crowd on here.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by The_Sauce
Ill fix that for ya.

If you are referring to CKS coils as "budget coilovers" then V2's fit that same mold. And V1's dont even register. CKS offers features that even V3's dont and run around $400 less retail. They simply did not do enough R&D on this application. Simple as that.
They are budget because they didn't put the R&D necessary into them, therefore cutting the cost. When compared to the competition, they are, indeed, a budget offering.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 03grey5
you sir. are a complete idiot. so what's the reasoning behind getting KW's? because everyone else is getting them? paying a stupid amount of money for a set of coils that won't ever see track use? get off KW's dick and do your research. CKS coilovers are not, as you say, "budget coilover(s)".

quick to run your mouth. and all this coming from a kid that says avant garde (although the dude designed wheels for vip modular and has a decent lie of 3 piece wheels, still makes budget rep wheels) wheels look good.

and it's should have gone* not "should have went."
Please elaborate on how I am a complete idiot. I have not been quick to judge anything, I am simply stating the obvious. If you think I'm on the KW bandwagon because everybody has them, clearly you're mislead. In fact, most people don't have them because of the costs. I think you should look at yourself as on somebody's dick as you're very quick to defend even a breath of criticism towards CKS. It's quite obvious they didn't put the money and time necessary into these in order to lower the cost, therefore making their product a budget offering when compared with the competition.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
New Members

So what is the morale of this story. Did John ever come back with a solution to suspension problem? Did we find the holy grail from CKS? Can we start ordering this beautiful designed coilovers? Did they come down to your liking? Is the ride close to stock? Someone please talk to me it's pretty lonely up in here.

Quick Reply: CKS coilover for E60 Xi