Need some Help Dealing with Insurance Company - 5Series.net - Forums

Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
New Members

Default Need some Help Dealing with Insurance Company

Hi
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong sections as i am a new member so please correct me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I was recently in an accident 2 weeks ago and about a week later after i put in my claim they decided to cancel my policy because of misconception because i didn't tell them i had alloy wheels on the car. My front bumper is damaged and both front airbags have deployed. Im not asking them to pay for the alloy wheels, i just want my car repaired and i still have the standard alloy wheels at home.

I don't believe this is very fair as the alloy wheels had nothing to with the accident anyways and it wasn't even my fault i had an accident as she hit me.

Anybody have any info that can help?

Im from the United kingdom
Abtean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Members

That's crazy! Here in the US, it's not uncommon to have your policy dumped because you make a claim or even more common with multiple claims. You see this a lot with smaller insurance companies, but some larger ones are guilty of it too. My son had one speeding ticket and then had one small bump into another car within a two year timeframe. The payout was less than 1000.00 for the other cars repair. A month before the six month renewal, State Farm jacked is rates for full coverage on his truck. He was originally paying 180.00 and his new rates went to 455.00 a month! Clearly they didn't want to continue to insure him and this must have been their way to get him to leave. He's now in Med school so once he starts his med practice I sure hope he can return the favor to good ole State Farm...

Last edited by tonyb635; 05-31-2014 at 07:03 AM.
tonyb635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtean View Post
Hi
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong sections as i am a new member so please correct me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I was recently in an accident 2 weeks ago and about a week later after i put in my claim they decided to cancel my policy because of misconception because i didn't tell them i had alloy wheels on the car. My front bumper is damaged and both front airbags have deployed. Im not asking them to pay for the alloy wheels, i just want my car repaired and i still have the standard alloy wheels at home.

I don't believe this is very fair as the alloy wheels had nothing to with the accident anyways and it wasn't even my fault i had an accident as she hit me.

Anybody have any info that can help?

Im from the United kingdom

are the wheels factory OEM? I think you can argue with them that BMW wheels are expensive anyway and/or that this was an oversight. sounds odd. I have Beyern chrome rims and I think that would be the least of the concerns in an accident.
funglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
New Members

Insurance is extremely state specific in the US, and I'm sure it doesn't even compare to anything in Europe. You need advice from someone who knows insurance law in your area. Depending on where you are, aftermarket wheels can be anything from "no big deal" to "insurance fraud." Good Luck!
Andrew06 is offline   Reply With Quote