F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Which would you give up-inflatable side-bolsters or upper back articul

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite part of my e60 is the comfort seats with both the adjustable upper back piece and the side-bolsters that inflate and squeeze you. Now unfortunately as you know the new e60 comfort seats do not have the adjustable side-bolsters while the M3 that I am getting has the adjustable sidebolsteers (much better than the e60 too due to them being much more plush) but no upper back movement.

I think at the end I would take the sidebolseters squeezing me in place (and I have no choice as that is what it is available) but if I had to choose it sure would be tough. The upper back piece made all the difference because you could truly comform to your back and make it like a racing seat when needed and a bit less upright when relaxing.

Why oh why did bmw get rid of the side bolsters in the f10 comfort or why wont they incorporate the upper back adjustable settings in the M cars? Weight is not an issue as for 10 pounds that surely isnt the reason.

Do you F10 guys miss the side bolsters? If you are/were fat than it probably doesnt matter to you but lets hear from the athletic/skinny blokes out there?

also anyone go to an M3 and give up the upper back movement and miss this?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond
My favorite part of my e60 is the comfort seats with both the adjustable upper back piece and the side-bolsters that inflate and squeeze you. Now unfortunately as you know the new e60 comfort seats do not have the adjustable side-bolsters while the M3 that I am getting has the adjustable sidebolsteers (much better than the e60 too due to them being much more plush) but no upper back movement.

I think at the end I would take the sidebolseters squeezing me in place (and I have no choice as that is what it is available) but if I had to choose it sure would be tough. The upper back piece made all the difference because you could truly comform to your back and make it like a racing seat when needed and a bit less upright when relaxing.

Why oh why did bmw get rid of the side bolsters in the f10 comfort or why wont they incorporate the upper back adjustable settings in the M cars? Weight is not an issue as for 10 pounds that surely isnt the reason.

Do you F10 guys miss the side bolsters? If you are/were fat than it probably doesnt matter to you but lets hear from the athletic/skinny blokes out there?

also anyone go to an M3 and give up the upper back movement and miss this?
I'm puzzled since I'm looking at various options for the '11 and considered the Active ventilated seat package ... I do like the adjustable side bolsters in my '07 w/Sport seats.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I'm puzzled since I'm looking at various options for the '11 and considered the Active ventilated seat package ... I do like the adjustable side bolsters in my '07 w/Sport seats.
what is puzzling you? the f10 comforst seats have no moving side bolsters but it does have the adjustable upper back portion.

The e60 comfort had both moveable/inflatable side bolsters and upperback movement.

whats confusing