F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Why you may now want to wait until September production

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy
I don't think it could be any clearer that you'll get whatever cover art is embedded in the metadata via the USB interface. Here's a direct quote:

"Album Cover Art: The ability to display album cover art will also be included with the iPod/USB Adapter. If cover art is contained in the metadata of the song, it will show on the vehicle display while the song is played."

What will be interesting is watching how many people won't be able to get this working because, unless I'm missing something, the album art displayed in iTunes or on the iPod isn't always embedded in the song file...
so true....was thinking the same thing
Old 07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
so true....was thinking the same thing
We're gonna need an updated FAQ...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

Originally Posted by Rudy
I don't think it could be any clearer that you'll get whatever cover art is embedded in the metadata via the USB interface. Here's a direct quote:

"Album Cover Art: The ability to display album cover art will also be included with the iPod/USB Adapter. If cover art is contained in the metadata of the song, it will show on the vehicle display while the song is played."

What will be interesting is watching how many people won't be able to get this working because, unless I'm missing something, the album art displayed in iTunes or on the iPod isn't always embedded in the song file...
Hmm. At least on a mac, as far as I am aware, iTunes does both - it store a cache of cover art in a seperate directory within the iTunes Library, but it also puts a scaled set-size version within the mp3 and aac metadata. I know this because I take mp3 tracks direct off my drive, onto a non-apple player which reads the files and shows the cover art.

It would appear the directory stored with the iTunes library stores the full-size unscaled copy of whatever you assign as the cover art.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by morkjt
Hmm. At least on a mac, as far as I am aware, iTunes does both - it store a cache of cover art in a seperate directory within the iTunes Library, but it also puts a scaled set-size version within the mp3 and aac metadata. I know this because I take mp3 tracks direct off my drive, onto a non-apple player which reads the files and shows the cover art.

It would appear the directory stored with the iTunes library stores the full-size unscaled copy of whatever you assign as the cover art.
I'm not much of a Mac guy so I can't really say I know the deal there. Frankly, I'm not even an iPod/iTunes guy so I may be mistaken. As far as Windows Media Player, I'm pretty sure that the album art is not embedded into the metadata by default. It is possible to add it but if I recall correctly, you have to perform an extra step or two...
Old 07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Was about to post something redundant. Could not find delete key
Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cobradav
Was about to post something redundant. Could not find delete key

It may have been redundant but we'd still love to hear your thoughts...
Old 08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Contributors

man that M sport package looks so so cheap.