F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Titanium Silver & Oyster/Black dakota???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

Has anyone opted for this combination? Would welcome any opinions? Not sure if the lack of contrast between interior and exterior colours would be odd but then, there is a fair bit of black on the top area of the dashboard & below knee height with this interior choice. Sales guy thinks it'll be a mistake.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Members

Check 5post's Color Threads:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366814

Thats your most likely bet for finding certain colors and combos.

Personally I think titansilver needs a not-too-light interior to look nice.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:57 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Not Titanium but relevant:

Alpine White Oyster/Black pix thread
Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 PM
ObD
Contributors

Cashmere Silver Oyster/Black
Old 08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
ObD
Contributors

Titanium Oyster X6
Old 08-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by BRAD
Has anyone opted for this combination? Would welcome any opinions? Not sure if the lack of contrast between interior and exterior colours would be odd but then, there is a fair bit of black on the top area of the dashboard & below knee height with this interior choice. Sales guy thinks it'll be a mistake.
In the opinion of this architect it would be a mistake. Oyster leather, which I have in my 550i, is warm gray beige and is quite beautiful. The silver metallic is ever so slightly cool and would not look good with oyster IMO. Cashmere silver is a warm silver and it would look great with oyster black. If you are committed to silver metallic black leather looks spectacular with it. Also Everest Gray would look reasonably good with it. I have had two silver BMW's one with gray leather and a 545 with black leather. The black looked spectacular and I really enjoyed that color scheme.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Members

My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

Thx all for feedback- I noticed very few of the pics on the thread had black interior which surprised me. I too love black leather but after almost 5 yrs of it in E60 would like a change- I was thinking that oyster/black interior contained enough black to make it work with silver. Will have to find one in the flesh to make up my mind-
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BRAD
Thx all for feedback- I noticed very few of the pics on the thread had black interior which surprised me. I too love black leather but after almost 5 yrs of it in E60 would like a change- I was thinking that oyster/black interior contained enough black to make it work with silver. Will have to find one in the flesh to make up my mind-
Black is black!

I've had black dakota in my E61 and I've loved it, but in my upcoming F10 the choice fell on Tudor (FPAT) (Black leather and black fabric - only available with sport seats).
It looks even better than the "old" dakota. Not so different from the Alcantara/fabric upholstery in the M-Sport kit.

I'll be posting some pics very soon so you can judge for yourself.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:30 AM
Members

Hi Scandi24! I am really looking forward to seeing pictures tomorrow, I have been seriously thinking of the Tudor/leather combination, the salesman is not too enthusiastic and would like to know how happy you are. Are the headreasts and centre console leather or fabric?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FirstBMW
Hi Scandi24! I am really looking forward to seeing pictures tomorrow, I have been seriously thinking of the Tudor/leather combination, the salesman is not too enthusiastic and would like to know how happy you are. Are the headreasts and centre console leather or fabric?
I'll see if I can have my dealer pop out and have a look....

Quick Reply: Titanium Silver & Oyster/Black dakota???