F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Test drove the 528i in HK

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by Kinggo
In Singapore, a 523i 2.5Liter is about US$160K !!!!!
A 535i is about US$210K.
Possibly the most expensive in the world... Rats!!
nope 520d here in Bangladesh is US$160k and 535i would be US$430k here. I think Bangladesh has the HIGHEST import duty in the world , and if vehicle is more than 4000cc then the total duty becomes 850% of base invoice price.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Nice post pinguhk

Most say, as me, that the F10 feels a lot bigger than it really is.

I figure, that with the PDC it's only a question of time when you get the real feel of the car.
It may take a week or so.

Even the E60 felt big after the E39.

Even the 520d is fast enough for the Scandinavian roads.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Most say, as me, that the F10 feels a lot bigger than it really is.
I certainly agree after test driving one this past weekend. The 5'er that once bridged the gap between the 3 series and 7 series is apparently not serving that role any longer. It now is the mini-me of the flagship 7. Not that that's a bad thing, but not what I've personally come to love about the 5.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by snkpkp
nope 520d here in Bangladesh is US$160k and 535i would be US$430k here. I think Bangladesh has the HIGHEST import duty in the world , and if vehicle is more than 4000cc then the total duty becomes 850% of base invoice price.

WOW!! That's indeed a revelation
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Sealobo
i just drove pass that road with a e46 M3 around midnight. in fact, for many years i've been driving pass that road at least twice everyday, back and forth with cars in different sizes.

Repulse Bay Road isn't wide, but it ain't that narrow either; double-decker buses have been running that route two-way without issue.
well you live near there so you are used to it.
I live in the NT so we dont get much narrow roads like that.
I know the bus drive are very pro.
also when you doing about 70 around these corners, then heart beating.
M3 is very good for that kind of road or even better 135.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Contributors

I import think I forgot to mention is, when driving on twisty roads or 90 degree corners I hit my elbow on the central console. I only just know-est that it is much higher than the old cars same gose for the Z4 I tried out.
maybe I drive like I do on the track and dont take my hand off the wheel
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
well you live near there so you are used to it.
I live in the NT so we dont get much narrow roads like that.
I know the bus drive are very pro.
also when you doing about 70 around these corners, then heart beating.
M3 is very good for that kind of road or even better 135.
i don't know about your logical deduction but i don't live "near there"... lol.

one thing i don't understand is that people expect the F10 to drive like a sportscar. Guess what, It ain't supposed to be. Its "sportiness" is only apparent when compared directly to same-class competitions such as the Merc E or Audi A6. When compared to other premium sports coupes such as the 335i or the S5, all these mid-size sedans drive like a pig.

BMW upgraded the 5 series tremendously; overall quality improved substantially while prices remained more or less the same. People should be happy. If a potential buyer is looking to buy a BMW that can do 70 in a 50 zone comfortably without worrying too much about opposite lane traffic, then he should get a BMW motorcycle.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Contributors

i don't know about your logical deduction but i don't live "near there"... lol.

one thing i don't understand is that people expect the F10 to drive like a sportscar. Guess what, It ain't supposed to be. Its "sportiness" is only apparent when compared directly to same-class competitions such as the Merc E or Audi A6. When compared to other premium sports coupes such as the 335i or the S5, all these mid-size sedans drive like a pig.

BMW upgraded the 5 series tremendously; overall quality improved substantially while prices remained more or less the same. People should be happy. If a potential buyer is looking to buy a BMW that can do 70 in a 50 zone comfortably without worrying too much about opposite lane traffic, then he should get a BMW motorcycle.
How come you say you drive on that road 2 time a day???

All BMW is a sport car, its in the blood of BMW to design a sporty feel. If not then why bother making a M5 and the best saloon in the world
The E60 is a very good pig for it size.
there no need to drive fast to feel the f10 feeling much bigger compare to our e60.
maybe it the 2 horns on the bonnet.
sitting inside is about the same in the front, for the rear it more leg room
Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
All BMW is a sport car, its in the blood of BMW to design a sporty feel. If not then why bother making a M5 and the best saloon in the world.
This is simply not true. you can only say that some BMW is sportier than the competitions. But they are certainly not ALL sports cars. The X5 is a sports car? The 7er is a sports car? Hell no.

seriously your logic is flawed.

The E60 is a very good pig for it size.
there no need to drive fast to feel the f10 feeling much bigger compare to our e60.
maybe it the 2 horns on the bonnet.
sitting inside is about the same in the front, for the rear it more leg room
You feel the F10 is bigger because you're sitting lower; you're more surrounded by the panels and instruments and hence created a tighter visual effect; i.e. you feel smaller for being surround with more stuff. This is the proper way to make the car feel sporty; a low driving position so that you're IN the car instead of being ON it.

There is no way anyone can tell if the F10 is 58mm longer than the outgoing model JUST BY LOOKING . That's a mere 1.2% increase in length from the E60's 4,841mm overall length. (and 0.75% increase in width).

Don't get me wrong, i am a BMW fan. I have a 535i on order. But I stayed away from BMW for so many years since Bangle was around screwing things up. I am glad he's now gone and away.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Contributors

This is simply not true. you can only say that some BMW is sportier than the competitions. But they are certainly not ALL sports cars. The X5 is a sports car? The 7er is a sports car? Hell no.

seriously your logic is flawed.
I disagree on this.
BMW has always been on the sporty side of cars, you know that they design the engine so that you can hear it from inside the car when reving to the red line, unlike MB and audi which is much quiter
well x5 is more sporty than a 4x4, it is useless off road
I tested the X5 on the same road few years back and wow it is a very good car to drive and dose not feel like a off road car at all.
7er is very sporty for it big size it handle very well on corners.
even top gear say these are very sporty compare to the cars.

Quick Reply: Test drove the 528i in HK