F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

September F10 sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 AM
lim
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

pete and swajames; thank you both for your intelligent debate

ignore v_therussian hes probably drunk on vodka or something
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Frankly, I don't care who likes the car or doesn't. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, when someone presents something which is clearly an opinion and dresses it up as fact, then I will respond to it. .....Example: in your post above, you state that manufacturers don't care about the consumers and just want to push out a product that just passes mustard.......How do you know this? Have you worked as an executive in the auto industry? If this was true, then pretty much every car, including your beloved E60, would be a dismal failure. Just because YOU dislike the F10 doesn't mean BMW doesn't care about its customers. That's absurd! Yes, whenever a new model comes out, it won't please everyone but that's life.....you move on to something else if you don't like it......but to imply that BMW or the F10 has failed because it didn't meet YOUR specific needs at this point in time is ridiculous.
I think you meant to say it doesn't pass Muster not mustard, right?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bha7176
My subtle attempt at pointing out this minor gaffe...
http://forums.5serie...ost__p__1248075
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by bha7176

Yup, thanks....my bad. Too funny.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Banned

Yup, thanks....my bad. Too funny.
Listen, Petes550i,
Why do you get angry so easily? You drive BMW, so you should be a very balanced person. And I can't just understand why you become so angry when you read others' opinions. Let them say whatever they wish, but there's something most of them can't simply afford: it's the car you drive. My personal opinion is that the new 5 Series is still the best automobile in its class, and now in EVERYTHING.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by BabkenBMW
Listen, Petes550i,
Why do you get angry so easily? You drive BMW, so you should be a very balanced person. And I can't just understand why you become so angry when you read others' opinions. Let them say whatever they wish, but there's something most of them can't simply afford: it's the car you drive. My personal opinion is that the new 5 Series is still the best automobile in its class, and now in EVERYTHING.
You're a tough guy to figure out, BabkenBMW. Most of the time, I don't know if you're being sincere or sarcastic. Up until last week, most of your posts suggested you were very anti-F10 (and pro-Mercedes). So why the sudden "conversion?" (No malice here....I'm just curious).
Old 10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Oh my, some tough words there....

Keep trolling.......maybe at some point, your meds will kick-in and you'll realize you've been spending way too much time in the wrong forum.
As far as I'm concerned, you drive a car that's not worthy to be called a BMW so you're the one who's trolling on MY forum

But in reality, I'm always saying what I'm saying with a light heart - if my humor isn't your brand, ignore me. I'm not expecting you to understand my disdain with F10 - you drive one. And if I absolutely had no other alternatives, I'd prolly get one either really close to, or exactly like yours, so don't get all hot and bothered just bc I make a couple of jokes. And I don't care what you (or anyone else) say AARP discounts on F10 is hilarious.

As they say, peace

Originally Posted by lim
pete and swajames; thank you both for your intelligent debate

ignore v_therussian hes probably drunk on vodka or something
Actually, I don't drink - I'm just naturally messed up
Old 10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
As far as I'm concerned, you drive a car that's not worthy to be called a BMW so you're the one who's trolling on MY forum

But in reality, I'm always saying what I'm saying with a light heart - if my humor isn't your brand, ignore me. I'm not expecting you to understand my disdain with F10 - you drive one. And if I absolutely had no other alternatives, I'd prolly get one either really close to, or exactly like yours, so don't get all hot and bothered just bc I make a couple of jokes. And I don't care what you (or anyone else) say AARP discounts on F10 is hilarious.

As they say, peace

HA...HA....HA......Stop it, I'm laughing so hard my ribs hurt.

I don't know what you do for a living, but as they say, don't quit your day job.
....but hey, I say that with a light heart

Actually, I don't drink - I'm just naturally messed up
...Typical New Yorker.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

don't quit your day job.
I work in a hedge fund, I might have no choice

And you're right about New Yorker thing - I actually kinda hate it that everyone here is a cynical phark, which tends to turn me into one.

Glad to see your anal blockage is [almost] over

Pete, Can I ask you a serious question without any BS: how hard have you driven your F10 in the twisties? Are you a "driver" driver? And I'm not asking this to put you down in any way - everyone is entitled to live their lives as they see fit. I'm asking because I want to hear from a real BMW enthusiast about F10's handling.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

I work in a hedge fund, I might have no choice

And you're right about New Yorker thing - I actually kinda hate it that everyone here is a cynical phark, which tends to turn me into one.

Glad to see your anal blockage is [almost] over

Pete, Can I ask you a serious question without any BS: how hard have you driven your F10 in the twisties? Are you a "driver" driver? And I'm not asking this to put you down in any way - everyone is entitled to live their lives as they see fit. I'm asking because I want to hear from a real BMW enthusiast about F10's handling.

Well, my driving is about 80% city and 20% highway. As you most likely know, big city driving is the pits most of the time. Traffic and road construction is absolutely terrible in and around Chicago. It's hard to find a nice stretch of road somewhere to "stretch out the legs" so to say. The few times that I'm able to drive the car somewhat aggressively, I'm quite pleased. There's no question the 4.4 TT V8 is a Beast of an engine....it HAULS ass despite the weight increase. I leave my adaptive drive setting on Sport mode most of the time. It really takes on corners very well especially in this setting. Very precise with a little bit of understeer but no complaints. I wonder if stickier tires might improve things here? The 19" runflats are definately better than the ones I've had on my previous 545i, but sometimes it still feels somewhat stiff and less grippy in certain situations. The chassis and suspension is a real gem. The 5 series has always been known to give a great balance between ride comfort and sporty handling and the F10 is no exception. The suspension soaks up the many Chicago road imperfections very well without feeling "floaty." Steering feel is subjective.....some may think it's too numb but for me, it's ok.

So all-in-all, for me, the F10 is another great car from BMW. Sure, it's different and I can understand the extra luxury and heft might be off-putting to some enthusiasts. But what can you do? BMW chose to go this way and either you hop on the bandwagon or go look into something else. I think that if I hated the F10 after the test-drive, my second choice would've been the Audi A6. After my lease is up in a couple years, the slate is wiped clean again for me and I'm looking into everything the market has to offer. It should be fun.

Quick Reply: September F10 sales