F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

September F10 sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
I hope it's not from you.....I don't want to catch cooties from somebody named genetals
"cooties" what is this, grade school?
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Like we've always said...eventually, all of us will come around and praise the f10...
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
My issue is just that, I would have preferred to see some different engineering decisions but it doesn't mean the F10 isn't a tremendous car for someone with different priorities.
Engineering decisions?

Try European crash standards, US mileage standards, global pressures on pollution, and about a hundred other extraneous pressures all automakers are facing/feeling.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by tadtaggert
Engineering decisions?

Try European crash standards, US mileage standards, global pressures on pollution, and about a hundred other extraneous pressures all automakers are facing/feeling.
And many other manufacturers are arguably doing a better job than BMW in dealing with these same requirements... The F10's weight increase is a good example. The next A6 will be lighter than the current model which is at the end of its lifecycle, and the new MB E550 already weighs much less than the F10 550. Simply put, BMW didn't put as much effort into the F10 as it could have. The F10 features less lightweight material than the E60. The F10 steering provides less feedback and transmits less road feel than the E60 due to BMW's decision to use electric assist for the power steering rather than hydraulic assistance. So yes, these are indeed engineering decisions, with BMW prioritizing cheaper manufacturing costs over lightness and reducing its focus on sport and handling.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

It may be a "mistake" to you but not to me. The car has more than enough power and as C&D's stats has shown recently, the 550i can more than hold its own against anything in its class.

Why worry about next years cars?....There's always going to be something better down the road. That's technology. If you're on the fence and are patient, then wait and see what comes next.
If I am not mistaken your previous car was Acura TL. Believe me,anything in F10 class would feel great for you. I on thr other hand do compare my BMW to others in its class and there is no way to get around the weight increase. Why have they done it? And yes I do care about next years models that's when I will be replacing my E60.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by SergeyM
If I am not mistaken your previous car was Acura TL. Believe me,anything in F10 class would feel great for you. I on thr other hand do compare my BMW to others in its class and there is no way to get around the weight increase. Why have they done it? And yes I do care about next years models that's when I will be replacing my E60.
My last 7 cars have been an Acura TL, Porsche Cayenne S, Cadillac Escalade, Lexus GS430, BMW 545i, BMW 535i, and BMW 530i. ....Don't give me this elitist crap about me not knowing anything in the F10 class and price range. If you're so hung up about the weight increase, get yourself another car and stop complaining. Nobody's forcing you to stay with BMW.

You know, a lot of people in recent years who use to drive expensive cars, had to downsize and get cheaper cars due to the economy....and many of them are now returning to driving luxury cars again. So don't assume that just because a person had a cheaper car previously, they know nothing about the more expensive market.

-->I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh but your response to me felt a bit condescending.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

they start giving AARP discounts on F10 yet?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by v_therussian
they start giving AARP discounts on F10 yet?

For someone who dislikes the F10 so much and doesn't intend to get one anytime soon, you spend an awful lot of time here with your persistent flaming.

If that's not trollish behavior, I don't know what is. :thumbsdown:
Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

For someone who dislikes the F10 so much and doesn't intend to get one anytime soon, you spend an awful lot of time here with your persistent flaming.

If that's not trollish behavior, I don't know what is. :thumbsdown:
I must've struck a cord with this one, huh?

Hey, big-spender, how does it feel to drive a Lexus with a BMW badge?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I must've struck a cord with this one, huh?

Hey, big-spender, how does it feel to drive a Lexus with a BMW badge?
Oh my, some tough words there....

Keep trolling.......maybe at some point, your meds will kick-in and you'll realize you've been spending way too much time in the wrong forum.

Quick Reply: September F10 sales