F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

the reflectors and that rear...

I honestly would rather go no m sport and just buy the front bumper separately...especially since the m sport pkg as of right now is purely cosmetic changes...
Old 08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I'm with Rudy on this one! The placement of the reflectors is terrible. Is a group buy for body color inserts in the near future!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kscarrol
I'm with Rudy on this one! The placement of the reflectors is terrible. Is a group buy for body color inserts in the near future!!!
hopefully they are easy to remove and just have painted...I honestly think that rear diffuser should be painted to match the rest of the body as well tho...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

I recently inquired my dealer about getting the M Sport front bumper and side skirts but was told it's not available to buy separately (from the M Sports Package) until next Spring!

The M Sport wheels (style 351) are also not available to buy separately until Dec. I was told.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Isn't it ironic that back in 2004, during the delivery, my first mod was to immediately pop out the black inserts and install the red reflectors prior to my leaving the Performance Center parking lot. Now, it's possible that I'll be doing the exact opposite...

One thing I'm noticing as I look at the 550i pics above is that the rectangular exhaust pipes seem to blend in better with the rear than the photos I've seen of the 535i with round pipes.

Regardless, I have a feeling it'll start to look more and more "normal" in time...
Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy
Isn't it ironic that back in 2004, during the delivery, my first mod was to immediately pop out the black inserts and install the red reflectors prior to my leaving the Performance Center parking lot. Now, it's possible that I'll be doing the exact opposite...

One thing I'm noticing as I look at the 550i pics above is that the rectangular exhaust pipes seem to blend in better with the rear than the photos I've seen of the 535i with round pipes.

Regardless, I have a feeling it'll start to look more and more "normal" in time...
very true, over time I'm sure we'll stop looking at it so much...

I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago regarding the shape of the exhaust tips and how the trapezoid 550 tips blend well with the lines of the car/rear rather than the circular tips on the 535....and it's not just bmw that I've noticed this with as many other brands are going with a similar trapezoidal shape....

I'm sure they will be a few 535i owners swapping out to 550 tips I'm seeing that being done with X6 owners as well, as their exhaust tip shapes are the same for the different models.....
Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Rudy, the wheels have to go! They don't look right on this car.....

Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Looks better than non- M Sport, just paint the rear reflectors and you're good to go.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Moopai
Rudy, the wheels have to go! They don't look right on this car.....
Originally Posted by pennetta
Looks better than non- M Sport, just paint the rear reflectors and you're good to go.
I agree that the M-sport wheels look a little better than the non M-sport but I'm not one to change anything, especially since it's a lease. No question, at this point in time, that they don't have the same "wow factor" as my current M-sport 550i wheels!

As far as the reflectors go, we'll see how long it takes me to get used to them (or stop noticing them.) Again, I doubt I'll do anything about them but then again, who knows?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Rudy,

Just curious, will your September production have the top display that you listed in previous posts?

I have a feeling this is simply a glitch in the logic of BMW's computer ordering system but get this...

As of last week, if you order the M-Sport Package, you can't order the Sport Automatic Transmission!

This makes absolutely no sense whatsover!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is simply a bug in the ordering system since I can't understand why adding the M-Sport stuff (which is pretty much all cosmetic) would create some technical reason that the SAT couldn't be added.

Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on here? JeffinNJ, do you know anything??
Attached Thumbnails Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...-post-237-127871166026.jpg  

Quick Reply: Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...