F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

looks like u may need to order the 550i xDrive. there it works.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bobr2001
looks like u may need to order the 550i xDrive. there it works.
They fixed it in the ordering system...the last time I checked, there's a glitch with the M-sport package and the integrated active steering. I'm betting that one will be fixed soon too.

I think it's fairly safe to say that all is well now!
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
I have a feeling this is simply a glitch in the logic of BMW's computer ordering system but get this...

As of last week, if you order the M-Sport Package, you can't order the Sport Automatic Transmission!

This makes absolutely no sense whatsover!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is simply a bug in the ordering system since I can't understand why adding the M-Sport stuff (which is pretty much all cosmetic) would create some technical reason that the SAT couldn't be added.

Does anyone have any insight as to what's going on here? JeffinNJ, do you know anything??
Rudy,

It was a system bug and it did get fixed. Two independent reliable sources investigated and were told the same thing. I ordered a 550i M-Sport with Sport Auto and IAS and my dealer entered it in the system and got confirmation.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vortexx
Rudy,

It was a system bug and it did get fixed. Two independent reliable sources investigated and were told the same thing. I ordered a 550i M-Sport with Sport Auto and IAS and my dealer entered it in the system and got confirmation.
I knew it had to be a matrix bug since there was no way the M-sport package would cause the SAT or IAS to be unavailable. If you look at the ordering guide, you can see how confusing things are with regard to all the packages and the requisite items.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I knew it had to be a matrix bug since there was no way the M-sport package would cause the SAT or IAS to be unavailable. If you look at the ordering guide, you can see how confusing things are with regard to all the packages and the requisite items.
so put your order in already...or did you already?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
so put your order in already...or did you already?
Order was placed as soon as my dealer was able to do so for September production. They did it so early that we were probably the first (or one of the first) to report the software bugs. Since we suspected it was only software (and since we had around 60 days until production), we kept the order in the system without the SAT, etc. and kept going back and trying to add stuff every few days or so.

Bottom line is I have a production date that is as early in September as you can get...
Old 08-16-2010, 03:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Whew! I just knew that that couldn't be the case.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Sorry I've away lately, any genuine photos with M Sport yet?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pennetta
Sorry I've away lately, any genuine photos with M Sport yet?
http://f10.5post.com...ad.php?t=403526

IMO: only possible deal breaker is that M sport rear bumper
Old 08-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
http://f10.5post.com...ad.php?t=403526

IMO: only possible deal breaker is that M sport rear bumper
I'm guessing I'll get used to it but for me, at least right now, it's the reflectors that seem to screw it all up...

Here's what I expect my car to look like (minus the x-Drive badging on the sides).

Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...-cosyvehicleimageca8qoq8v.jpg
Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...-cosyvehicleimagecapx639z.jpg
Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...-cosyvehicleimageca6k7iif.jpg
Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...-cosyvehicleimagecag3nnv5.jpg

Quick Reply: Possible "deal breaker" with the F10 M-Sport Package...