F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Minor updates on the F10

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Received latest issue of the German mag "auto, motor und sport" this Friday. They are normally well informed and refrain from speculation and instead focus on facts (how un-German!). But in spite of Big pictures of what they think the F10 will look like, and a reposted F11 picture, now at least 6 months old, there are only a few new details.

Among statements from Klaus Draeger, the Head of Production, that the 5 series will be the most dynamic business saloon, it emerges that:
- The wheel base is 6 cms longer
- The car will be 2 cms longer
- The weight will be the same as for the E60
- All the Efficient Dynamics now available on the 1-series and 3-series will go into the 5-series. It was held back as the cost of bring it into the E60-series was too expensive.
- Start-Stop will also feature together with automatic, but not until (EU) MY 2011
- During 2010 we will also see the new 520d with 163 BHP as now presented in the 3-series. The 320d has an average consumption of 4.1 lit/100kms and a CO2 emission of 109. The 5-series will be close to these "magic" figures.
- 535i will be sold in Europe, finally.
- The 530d will get the new 245 BHP diesel.
- And most of the goodies from the 7-series in car entertainment and safety will go into the 5-series also.

The CGI pics shows a more "dynamic" 7-series, but the "eyebrows" are gone.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

That sounds like good news. I wonder what powertrains the U.S. version would get. I'm hoping for a 272hp I-6, a 320hp TT I6, a 400hp TT V8, and the 3.0d would be good to add to the lineup. All the 7 goodies would be nice but they are quite pricey. The 750i has a base of $80k US$ but can be equiped up to $106k!!!! And that doesn't even include the rear seat opts, just M Sport and the high tech ones.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

All of that sounds good, just hope the normal "options' get to be standard equipment now - like iPod interface, memory seats, you things way too many cars that cost $20k less come with standard. Like my wife's Subaru, for $30k we got rearview camera, NAV, iPod interface, Satellite radio, 6 disc in dash changer, memory seats, a 265HP H6 engine, Bluetooth, the friggin computer in the car even has an organizer like you'd find in a smart phone. Why can't BMW make these standard at double the price?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1017790' date='Sep 26 2009, 04:33 PM
All of that sounds good, just hope the normal "options' get to be standard equipment now - like iPod interface, memory seats, you things way too many cars that cost $20k less come with standard. Like my wife's Subaru, for $30k we got rearview camera, NAV, iPod interface, Satellite radio, 6 disc in dash changer, memory seats, a 265HP H6 engine, Bluetooth, the friggin computer in the car even has an organizer like you'd find in a smart phone. Why can't BMW make these standard at double the price?
That would be nice but it will never happen. German car companies, unlike the Japanese, make absolutely everything an option. This enables them to advetise a base price close to the Japanese models when, in actuality, the optioned up selling price is usually much higher than the Japanese competition.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

IMHO, we are dangerously close to the launch date for AMS to be wrong with the design.. I would bet that the car will be 95% the way it looks on the cover of the magazine, with the remaining 5% a few details that are supposed to surprise the public. And, of course, the M-package is missing from any good renderings yet, so this must be the trump up BMW's sleeve..

I just think guys that BMW is playing it "safe" with the design this time, in order to get the public "on its side" ahead of the launch - we should not draw any comparisons to 2003, when the E60 was launched.

The E60 was a revolutionary car and its whole design concept was meant to be a surprise for everyone. Thats why the design clarified so late. This time its different - some people have been alienated by the E60 design (by default we here are not in that lot, thats why its difficult to accept that fact), some others by its interior quality (i think we agree regarding the non-specced versions), and we are in a recession! So BMW does not have the right to get the F10 wrong - it has to be a solid, non-controversial effort that will generate lots of sales with more limited risk than the E60. Thats why I believe BMW is going the safe way with introducing us the design via the well-established German automotive media. As mentioned, I believe it is still keeping the M-package as the big surprise for the real fans like us, but the standart model should be what we see on the pics below.

I am posting the cover from January 2009 first, and then the September 2009 version. There are small subtle differences in the shape of the headlights and the back of the touring, I guess these will be the details that will still change a little bit once the real car is introduced.

All in all, I like it and I think the sportier versions will be really hot! Fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails Minor updates on the F10-f10_ams_jan_09.jpg   Minor updates on the F10-f10_ams_sep_09.jpg   Minor updates on the F10-bmw_5er_2010_jan09.jpg   Minor updates on the F10-bmw_5er_2010_retusche.jpg  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

If this is what the F10 will look like - I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Members

front is like small F01

rear like Hyundai Genesis !

Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1026083' date='Oct 6 2009, 01:15 PM
IMHO, we are dangerously close to the launch date for AMS to be wrong with the design.. I would bet that the car will be 95% the way it looks on the cover of the magazine, with the remaining 5% a few details that are supposed to surprise the public. And, of course, the M-package is missing from any good renderings yet, so this must be the trump up BMW's sleeve..

I just think guys that BMW is playing it "safe" with the design this time, in order to get the public "on its side" ahead of the launch - we should not draw any comparisons to 2003, when the E60 was launched.

The E60 was a revolutionary car and its whole design concept was meant to be a surprise for everyone. Thats why the design clarified so late. This time its different - some people have been alienated by the E60 design (by default we here are not in that lot, thats why its difficult to accept that fact), some others by its interior quality (i think we agree regarding the non-specced versions), and we are in a recession! So BMW does not have the right to get the F10 wrong - it has to be a solid, non-controversial effort that will generate lots of sales with more limited risk than the E60. Thats why I believe BMW is going the safe way with introducing us the design via the well-established German automotive media. As mentioned, I believe it is still keeping the M-package as the big surprise for the real fans like us, but the standart model should be what we see on the pics below.

I am posting the cover from January 2009 first, and then the September 2009 version. There are small subtle differences in the shape of the headlights and the back of the touring, I guess these will be the details that will still change a little bit once the real car is introduced.

All in all, I like it and I think the sportier versions will be really hot! Fingers crossed.
Nice Buicks! Is that the new Lesabre. Sweet.