F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Look at this poser!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

When you drove pass him did you look at him? Did it say "deuche" on his forehead?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
WOW!
You took the word right out of my mouth ... thankfully .... I was about to throw up a little bit !
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

I wonder if he even knows. LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Lol what a twat
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Saw this on m5board
If the F10 M5 looked like this, NO ONE will buy it. Just buy a 550i instead!!!
Sad
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Saw this on m5board

If the F10 M5 looked like this, NO ONE will buy it. Just buy a 550i instead!!!

I bet the M5 board members were having an apoplectic fit about this one. They paid soooo much money to show off their badge and this guy gets the same bragging rights for 50 bucks. After all, who knows it is not an M5 except for us diehard enthusiasts?

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Its bad enough rebadging your car look like another more premium model, but rebadging your car to a model that doesn't even exist yet??!! LMAO
On the contrary, I think it's pretty clever since there is no real M5 to compare it to. Again, only you and I and the rest of the enthusiasts will know, the general public has no idea.

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
Wow I bed he felt like shit when you passed by him..lmao!
I bet he didn't give a ...k and I bet he doesn't when anyone passes him and/or looks at him. He probably doesn't even remember that he stuck that thing back there.

Originally Posted by kscarrol
People never fail to amaze me!! Just as BMW requires proof of ownership before selling you a replacement key, they should require proof of ownership before selling anyone an M badge...
What amazes you about this? People buy the M5 and other items to show them off - it's called marketing and they make you believe you are better because you own those things.

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
When you drove pass him did you look at him? Did it say "deuche" on his forehead?
By the way, the word is "douchebag" and I believe is just too strong a word to condemn someone for the simple act of sticking and absurd emblem on his trunk that means nothing to the majority of people and it does nothing to hurt or offend anyone.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

wow.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by 1HOT BIMMER
I bet the M5 board members were having an apoplectic fit about this one. They paid soooo much money to show off their badge and this guy gets the same bragging rights for 50 bucks. After all, who knows it is not an M5 except for us diehard enthusiasts?

On the contrary, I think it's pretty clever since there is no real M5 to compare it to. Again, only you and I and the rest of the enthusiasts will know, the general public has no idea.

I bet he didn't give a ...k and I bet he doesn't when anyone passes him and/or looks at him. He probably doesn't even remember that he stuck that thing back there.

What amazes you about this? People buy the M5 and other items to show them off - it's called marketing and they make you believe you are better because you own those things.

By the way, the word is "douchebag" and I believe is just too strong a word to condemn someone for the simple act of sticking and absurd emblem on his trunk that means nothing to the majority of people and it does nothing to hurt or offend anyone.
Is this your car?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonymac
Is this your car?
Good question! It would make sense, right? Sorry to disappoint, it is not my car. I'm just getting my car sometime next week or the following week. The Maersk Wind just arrived at Port Hueneme with my car. And the answer of course is NO, I do not intend to stick an M5 badge on it. I just find the hyperventilating over an absurd badge so childish.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by 1HOT BIMMER
Good question! It would make sense, right? Sorry to disappoint, it is not my car. I'm just getting my car sometime next week or the following week. The Maersk Wind just arrived at Port Hueneme with my car. And the answer of course is NO, I do not intend to stick an M5 badge on it. I just find the hyperventilating over an absurd badge so childish.
No, I don't think owning an M3 makes me any better or worse than anyone else. You seem more concerned about it than I am. But I don't go around pretending to be someone or something I am not. The F10 is a great car whether it is a 528 or 550, no need to slap an M5 badge on it...

Simply enjoy the car you have. Different people buy different cars to meet their own needs and wants. A 528 is no worse than an M5 as long it meets your needs. But putting an M5 badge on a 528 is not just marketing, it is out right deception. And while there are many who may not know the difference, there are many who do and this person appears foolish to these hardcore BMW enthusiasts.