F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Just spent 4 days in a Lexus, I mean F10....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

d douchebag
i is
a always
m mother f*cking
o opposing
n nurburgs
d dominator
Old 02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kscarrol
I understand that but as an M3 owner spending a lot of time over there... well, you get the picture.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by cmoore_
545i was getting the brake booster recall done, also had alignment done. Took 3 days to complete, then another day because I brought it back due to a crooked steering wheel. For those 4 days, I was in a 2011 535i.

headlights
one touch parking
High def Idrive screen (compared to mine)

Dislikes:
snout
hideous steering wheel
plain gaugues
only one rear ac outlet (my e60 has two)
Hughe dash/console (felt like an SUV)

Bottom line: As stated before, BMW is clearly going after a different buyer. This is a Lexus competitor no doubt. Mine even had the sport package, which was nice, but there wasnt much sport. I think I said it best when my brother text me and asked what I thought (he is a MB tech), I replied "all luxury with a sprinkle of sport". They have they're work cut out for them to give the cockpit a sporty feel with the F10 M5. Good news is, the e60 does not look outdated by any means.

Another topic:
Dad just picked up a fully loaded black on black 2010 CTS-V automatic. I test drove it two nights ago. WOW, LIGHTS OUT. This thing is NASTY. "Thrust" is the best way to describe this thing. Its extrememly tight with amazing brake feel. However there are some issues, no push button start. There is a dummy key that always stays in and has to be turned to start the car. And then the malibu turn stalks and plastic console trim. These few flaws made it feel cheap compared to my e60. Also the bose stereo still isnt as good as my logic7. Lastly, there is still a huge lag inbetween paddle shifts, annoying. Other than that though, this car is amazing.

Just thought Id share with everyone the last week or so with different vehicles.
The logic 7 is pretty darn good. If my e60 was wrecked, I'd pull it out for the home theatre.

How did the CTS-V handle?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan
The logic 7 is pretty darn good. If my e60 was wrecked, I'd pull it out for the home theatre.

How did the CTS-V handle?
Agreed, the logic7 stereo is the best oem stereo ive ever heard in a production vehicle. Everyone agrees when they ride with me too. Some even ask what kind of subwoofer ive installed and then when I tell them its factory they flip out lol.

Anyways, V handled very well. The car is very tight. Had excellent braking feel too. There is just something cheap feeling overall though lol, maybe its because I drive an e60 daily lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Members

I got rid of my 07 M5 and replaced it with a CTS-V coupe......all i can say...is FUN!!!! The car is stupid/wicked FAST! i had 2 E60 M5's and loved those cars...but i must say....the V is much funner than the BMW. And I cant justify the 30K more price tag just for the BMW name. Ill agree that the interior is a little nicer in the BMW...but for 30k more...it better be! And about the comment on the gold and the bling on the V.....i live in cali and have seen plenty of beemers with Bling on them too......its all how you make the car look. I did also pick up a 2011 535i M package F10. I kinda have the best of both worlds i guess......

If any of you are curious... watch the motor trend videos on youtube about the CTS-V vs M5. Pretty impressive for the price! I talked to 2 people that got rid of their 550i's and replaced them with V's Why wouldn't? The fastest 4 door sedan on the parked, M5 beater for the price of a 550i??? sorry guys, had to rant on this car since i've had 6 beemers now and this is my first caddy.....GM sold me on this car!

03 525i

05 545i

06 M5

07 M5

08 335i

11 535i

and 11 CTS -V

there is a list of all my cars and they were all purchased new.......
Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pukka
One touch parking is soooooooooo Lexus

I definitely plan on giving the CTS-V a good look the next time I'm in the market for a new car.
Me too if the wife lets me.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Contributors

Agreed, the logic7 stereo is the best oem stereo ive ever heard in a production vehicle. Everyone agrees when they ride with me too. Some even ask what kind of subwoofer ive installed and then when I tell them its factory they flip out lol.

Anyways, V handled very well. The car is very tight. Had excellent braking feel too. There is just something cheap feeling overall though lol, maybe its because I drive an e60 daily lol.
GM produces crap, chinty interiors and always has. The interior of a CTS-V cannot and does not compare with the interior quality of an E60 or F10. But no E60 or (currently produced) F10 can compete with the pavement ripping power of the CTS-V. It's all about where your priorities lie.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Me too if the wife lets me.
I'll still look at the F10 of course.

After just buying (and now renovating -- or should I say "modding") a 2 bedroom apt in a high rise Manhattan condo, my car budget may be in the crapper so who knows what I will be driving post lease return in March 2012.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Definately the CTS-V is the most bang-for-the-buck luxury sports sedan out there. I personally like the CTS-V coupe the best. The cons to me are the front end and the dash which look a bit dated. (and the terrible gas mileage....but that's to be expected for such a monster engine). However the problem with owning a car like this is that if you live in a big city with a lot of traffic congestion, you don't get a lot of opportunity to take advantage of the car's capabilities....so it's really mostly driving around with "bragging rights." For me, I'm forunate enough to live in a suburb where I have to use the highway for about 5 miles for my daily commute to work....it gives me the time to "stretch out the legs" of my 550i and enjoy that wonderful TTV8
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Logic 7 is alright but no where near as good as the Mark Levinson system I had in my last Lexus....Mark Levinson's are hands-down the best factory stereo system in the market (and most publications agree). The Panasonic ELS system I had in my last Acura TL was awesome, too....much better bass and sound clarity than BMW's Logic 7....when you play a DVD-A disc in the ELS, it's mind-blowing how amazing it sounds....beats $30K+ home systems I've heard!

Quick Reply: Just spent 4 days in a Lexus, I mean F10....