F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Just spent 4 days in a Lexus, I mean F10....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i/6

545i was getting the brake booster recall done, also had alignment done. Took 3 days to complete, then another day because I brought it back due to a crooked steering wheel. For those 4 days, I was in a 2011 535i.

headlights
one touch parking
High def Idrive screen (compared to mine)

Dislikes:
snout
hideous steering wheel
plain gaugues
only one rear ac outlet (my e60 has two)
Hughe dash/console (felt like an SUV)

Bottom line: As stated before, BMW is clearly going after a different buyer. This is a Lexus competitor no doubt. Mine even had the sport package, which was nice, but there wasnt much sport. I think I said it best when my brother text me and asked what I thought (he is a MB tech), I replied "all luxury with a sprinkle of sport". They have they're work cut out for them to give the cockpit a sporty feel with the F10 M5. Good news is, the e60 does not look outdated by any means.

Another topic:
Dad just picked up a fully loaded black on black 2010 CTS-V automatic. I test drove it two nights ago. WOW, LIGHTS OUT. This thing is NASTY. "Thrust" is the best way to describe this thing. Its extrememly tight with amazing brake feel. However there are some issues, no push button start. There is a dummy key that always stays in and has to be turned to start the car. And then the malibu turn stalks and plastic console trim. These few flaws made it feel cheap compared to my e60. Also the bose stereo still isnt as good as my logic7. Lastly, there is still a huge lag inbetween paddle shifts, annoying. Other than that though, this car is amazing.

Just thought Id share with everyone the last week or so with different vehicles.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Members

Well said. I love my E60 550i
Old 02-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

One touch parking is soooooooooo Lexus

I definitely plan on giving the CTS-V a good look the next time I'm in the market for a new car.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

I loved the interior of the F10 it was very luxurious. When I got back in my e60 it sure felt outdated to me lol
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

Originally Posted by pukka
One touch parking is soooooooooo Lexus
Top Gear attempted the Lexus parking system. Hit a fence twice and nearly hit another car. Nice concept but bad engineering.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by gotabyte
Top Gear attempted the Lexus parking system. Hit a fence twice and nearly hit another car. Nice concept but bad engineering.

If you watch that episode the reason it hit the fence was because Hammond was moving the green box the sensors detected as a parking space - not the car's fault.

Anyway, I like the F10 and, no, it can;t be a Lexus (Lexus has waaaaaaay more standard features). I'll never own a Cadillac, saw a CTS-V driven by an older white lady with the full gold package (grilles, emblems, trim ) and the color changing paint - still had dealer tags too. That car is the reason I'll never own a Cadillac. Just because it brings to mind the image of a leisure suit and gold chains
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gotabyte
One Touch Park Lexus
Old 02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

Should not hit fence if not told where to park, bad sensors or programming. :thumbsdown: It still did not park itself after he corrected it. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by pjinca
If you watch that episode the reason it hit the fence was because Hammond was moving the green box the sensors detected as a parking space - not the car's fault.

Anyway, I like the F10 and, no, it can;t be a Lexus (Lexus has waaaaaaay more standard features). I'll never own a Cadillac, saw a CTS-V driven by an older white lady with the full gold package (grilles, emblems, trim ) and the color changing paint - still had dealer tags too. That car is the reason I'll never own a Cadillac. Just because it brings to mind the image of a leisure suit and gold chains

+1
Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well once again yet another in agreement on the first page-that makes 3. The snout is hideous, the hood contours are hideous and not aggressive at all and the dash/hood appearence is HUGE and agreed its like a low down SUV.

I feel the interior of the E60 feels more updated as it is very clean. I guess its a matter if you take care of the inside. Mine still looks/smells new. I wax/polish the inside trim panels and clean the leather/wheel with a toothbrush often. The steering wheel, even the sport wheel in the f10 is shitty compared to the nicely shaped ruthenium trim sport wheel in the e60-I think tis the best wheel ever made in design and just the right thickness.

Strike 3 for the F10-nobody is liking them. Remember back in the E60 days when it came out. People didnt like the looks but if any of you were around, everytime someone DROVE one-they LOVED it and had nothing but praise for it. Now adays more people dont mind the looks but drive it and hate it-that is just not a good sign. Its the biggest 5 series blunder by far and would not waste a dime on owning this OLDMANS car

Quick Reply: Just spent 4 days in a Lexus, I mean F10....