F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Just canceled my F10 550i and ordered a ........

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
well, you might be able to beat the dealer up some more as currently BMW is offering a holiday credit/rebate of $1500, offer ends 1/3/2011 IIRC
Do you have any more details about this rebate? Is it something I can get or is it only for new orders??
Old 11-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Easier to keep a white car clean than a dark one
Exactly!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy
Do you have any more details about this rebate? Is it something I can get or is it only for new orders??

Rudy, you should be able to qualify for this Holiday credit, began 11/1/10 and goes thru 1/3/2011 if I read correctly from the bmwusa website. What I am not sure about if if we have to also take the Nivember Lease rates along with the $1500 rebate. Might be a good time to talk to your CA. Also, on the website it states "1500 off MSRP", however if it's anything like the previous holiday credits offered by BMW, it's off the cap reduction cost, not just MSRP.

http://www.bmwusa.co...cialOffers.aspx
Old 11-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by rogerdodger
550i 'M' Sport!!!
The dealer was not happy
My car was on the boat from Germany when I heard about the 'M' Sport on this forum. Perhaps I should have checked out this forum sooner!
Anyway, when I ordered the original F10, the 'M' Sport was not offered on the BMW site.
Roger
Cool going Roger and welcome. Better late than never.

PS. Congrats GENEaTALS. I see you have moved up from site whore to Moderator
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Cool going Roger and welcome. Better late than never.

PS. Congrats GENEaTALS. I see you have moved up from site whore to Moderator
site whore...nice Ric...thanx
Old 11-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport

Congrats Roger, I have ordered the same 550i M Sport, mines in Space Grey same interior as yours.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerdodger
The reason I originally accepted that the deposit was 'non-refundable' is that the dealer explained, with the options I had ordered, that the car was carrying a high sticker. I don't think they wanted to have a high speced car in their inventory. I had also beaten them up badly on the discount I expected, so they were not making their usual markup... Normally I would never order a car where the dealer asked for such a large 'non-refundable' deposit.....
fwiw, auto transactions have been pretty heavily regulated here in the States going back to the 40s, and it is illegal to not refund a deposit. You have no financial obligation until you take title to the car.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hinckley
fwiw, auto transactions have been pretty heavily regulated here in the States going back to the 40s, and it is illegal to not refund a deposit. You have no financial obligation until you take title to the car.
That is interesting because I had a feeling that may be the case.

I recently moved from CA to FL and I know in CA, deposits are always refundable.

I assumed (perhaps, wrongly), that the laws varied from state to state?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Great move and believe me, as long as you are taking another car, the dealer couldn't care less about putting the original one back into inventory. If you canceled all together, he would probably be pretty unhappy. As for the non-refundable deposit, I am, of course, biased in my opinion. If you place an order on a car that is being built to your exact specifications and you cancel all together, I think that the dealer should have the right to keep your money. Unfortunately, we really don't have that right. If you went to a furniture store and ordered a custom living room and went to cancel, they would keep your deposit. Same with just about everything else with the exception of cars. The dealer needs to pay floor plan on the car and incurs expense the day the vehicle arives in his inventory. Some cars are not that easy to sell. I had a customer order an X5 without heated seats and back out of the deal. The car took forever to sell and we had to go well under invoice to do so. It's not always easy.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
Great move and believe me, as long as you are taking another car, the dealer couldn't care less about putting the original one back into inventory. If you canceled all together, he would probably be pretty unhappy. As for the non-refundable deposit, I am, of course, biased in my opinion. If you place an order on a car that is being built to your exact specifications and you cancel all together, I think that the dealer should have the right to keep your money. Unfortunately, we really don't have that right. If you went to a furniture store and ordered a custom living room and went to cancel, they would keep your deposit. Same with just about everything else with the exception of cars. The dealer needs to pay floor plan on the car and incurs expense the day the vehicle arives in his inventory. Some cars are not that easy to sell. I had a customer order an X5 without heated seats and back out of the deal. The car took forever to sell and we had to go well under invoice to do so. It's not always easy.
So agree with you there - if you have something custom built (and a car is as custom built as it can get) then you have to pay the price and waiver your deposit if you cancel. This is common practice in europe - no deposit, no order. and if you cancel, you say good bye to your deposit.

otherwise signing on the dotted line is worth a toilet paper...

Quick Reply: Just canceled my F10 550i and ordered a ........