F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Just canceled my F10 550i and ordered a ........

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

550i 'M' Sport!!!

The dealer was not happy

My car was on the boat from Germany when I heard about the 'M' Sport on this forum. Perhaps I should have checked out this forum sooner!

Anyway, when I ordered the original F10, the 'M' Sport was not offered on the BMW site. My dealer insisted on a 5K 'non-refundable' deposit. He was not happy but graciously agreed to transfer my deposit to the new order. Fortunately, he managed to change a vehicle that was already ordered, so mine will begin production some time next week.

I'm disappointed that I won't be getting the car soon but I know that I will be pleased that I waited for the 'M'.

Alpine White. Oyster/Black Nappa Leather. HUD. Active Ventilated Seat Package. Convenience Package. Satellite Radio.

Sorry for so much detail but I just wanted to share..... I haven't been so excited about a new car in a loooong time.

Roger
Old 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Nice! You won't regret your decision for sure!!

I did a similar thing -- except that my car wasn't built yet. My lease was up in July but I thought it would be worth the wait to get the M-sport package and some of the other features that come with a September build. My boat is set to arrive in Baltimore this Friday so I'm pretty pumped too!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Congrats and welcome to the growing F10 family!

Alpine White/Oyster combo....you're gonna need sunglasses just to look at your car! ....not to mention a lot of energy to keep it clean!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

"non refundable"..that's crazy to offer that as well as accept that...glad your CA did the right thing and "let" you roll that over to your new order..

congrats and good luck with the wait

to the forum also
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Members

"non refundable"..that's crazy to offer that as well as accept that...glad your CA did the right thing and "let" you roll that over to your new order..

congrats and good luck with the wait

to the forum also
[/quote]

The reason I originally accepted that the deposit was 'non-refundable' is that the dealer explained, with the options I had ordered, that the car was carrying a high sticker. I don't think they wanted to have a high speced car in their inventory. I had also beaten them up badly on the discount I expected, so they were not making their usual markup... Normally I would never order a car where the dealer asked for such a large 'non-refundable' deposit.....

Thanks for your kind words everyone...
Old 11-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

The reason I originally accepted that the deposit was 'non-refundable' is that the dealer explained, with the options I had ordered, that the car was carrying a high sticker. I don't think they wanted to have a high speced car in their inventory. I had also beaten them up badly on the discount I expected, so they were not making their usual markup... Normally I would never order a car where the dealer asked for such a large 'non-refundable' deposit.....

Thanks for your kind words everyone...
well, you might be able to beat the dealer up some more as currently BMW is offering a holiday credit/rebate of $1500, offer ends 1/3/2011 IIRC
Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
well, you might be able to beat the dealer up some more as currently BMW is offering a holiday credit/rebate of $1500, offer ends 1/3/2011 IIRC
Only if he is financing or leasing through BMW Financial Services - cash buyers and those using other funding sources don't get the $1,500. Too bad!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Good job, OP!

Screw those stealers - all they wait for is people who they can take advantage of :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Congrats and welcome to the growing F10 family!

Alpine White/Oyster combo....you're gonna need sunglasses just to look at your car! ....not to mention a lot of energy to keep it clean!
Easier to keep a white car clean than a dark one Oyster interior is another thing - but it sure looks gorgeous when clean
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

damn bro your stoked!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

congrats roger. Good news is, u save a lotof work of already owning the MSPort!!!

Quick Reply: Just canceled my F10 550i and ordered a ........