F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

iphone bluetooth problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Within the last week I have noticed that my iphone signal (via bluetooth to my car) becomes garbled about 30 seconds into any calls. This doesn't happen with my blackberry which is on the same network (ATT). if I take the iPhone off bluetooth and into handset mode the signal is fine - back into hands free (bluetooth sync with car) and the signal gets garbled again. Thus, this seems to be a problem with the bluetooth communications between the iPhone and BMW.

I am on the latest rev of the iPhone firmwear (I think it is 3.1.3). Is anyone else having these problems?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

Originally Posted by wolf
Within the last week I have noticed that my iphone signal (via bluetooth to my car) becomes garbled about 30 seconds into any calls. This doesn't happen with my blackberry which is on the same network (ATT). if I take the iPhone off bluetooth and into handset mode the signal is fine - back into hands free (bluetooth sync with car) and the signal gets garbled again. Thus, this seems to be a problem with the bluetooth communications between the iPhone and BMW.

I am on the latest rev of the iPhone firmwear (I think it is 3.1.3). Is anyone else having these problems?

I havent noticed that issue yet, do you have more than one bluetooth device on at the time?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport. 19" Wheels. Pro Nav. Logic 7. BT. Dakota.

My iPhone is OK on calls. However, my car should have Bluetooth Audio - but I can't find it and neither can my dealer. I have had the standard Snap In adapter and the USB Snap In adapter. The latter is great, until you plug in standard iPod via the proper cable - then you lose iPhone iPod if you know what I mean. Thats OK, but I would like my BT Audio Link to work.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I don't have the same problem as you are describing, but on rare occasions the BT connection does seem worse than usual. I would switch to the phone, and then back to the car, and it would be fine.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Are you all having F10:s already?
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

I'm sure why the BT works fine with your blackberry but not the iPhone. Did you test both devices under the same circumstances (i.e., the same cell tower coverage with strong signal).
Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by pantherfan69
I havent noticed that issue yet, do you have more than one bluetooth device on at the time?
I do have two phones (iphone and bberry) but it has never been a problem in the past.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theXman
I'm sure why the BT works fine with your blackberry but not the iPhone. Did you test both devices under the same circumstances (i.e., the same cell tower coverage with strong signal).
Yep - and I don't think it has anything to do with the cell coverage because the connection is fine as soon as I go "off" blue tooth and direct to the device. I believe the connection to the tower is always through the phone but the audio that I hear "when through the car speakers" is delivered to the car over blue tooth and that is where the "corruption" is occurring.

I have been told to try disabling wifi on the iphone. I'll give that a try...
Old 06-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wolf

Hi.
Just to advise I have had exactly the same issues with my E60 with the iphone. It is an iphone problem. The BT stack these use is outdated.
The good news......
Im running OS4 on my iphone (we are a developer for Apple iphone products, so get the beta release early) and it fixes the problems completely. I've been running OS4 on the iphone now for about 2 months and not had one call with an issue. The new OS4 will be out I think on the 24th June or there about's.. so bear with it for now.. Upgrade and all will be good.

Roy
Old 06-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

My Iphone 3G worked fine with my E60 and is working great with the F10 too. No issues

Quick Reply: iphone bluetooth problems