5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   F10 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/)
-   -   iphone bluetooth problems (https://5series.net/forums/f10-discussion-33/iphone-bluetooth-problems-100000/)

wolf 06-15-2010 04:55 AM

Within the last week I have noticed that my iphone signal (via bluetooth to my car) becomes garbled about 30 seconds into any calls. This doesn't happen with my blackberry which is on the same network (ATT). if I take the iPhone off bluetooth and into handset mode the signal is fine - back into hands free (bluetooth sync with car) and the signal gets garbled again. Thus, this seems to be a problem with the bluetooth communications between the iPhone and BMW.

I am on the latest rev of the iPhone firmwear (I think it is 3.1.3). Is anyone else having these problems?

pantherfan69 06-15-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 1191114)
Within the last week I have noticed that my iphone signal (via bluetooth to my car) becomes garbled about 30 seconds into any calls. This doesn't happen with my blackberry which is on the same network (ATT). if I take the iPhone off bluetooth and into handset mode the signal is fine - back into hands free (bluetooth sync with car) and the signal gets garbled again. Thus, this seems to be a problem with the bluetooth communications between the iPhone and BMW.

I am on the latest rev of the iPhone firmwear (I think it is 3.1.3). Is anyone else having these problems?

I havent noticed that issue yet, do you have more than one bluetooth device on at the time?

turner001 06-15-2010 12:28 PM

My iPhone is OK on calls. However, my car should have Bluetooth Audio - but I can't find it and neither can my dealer. I have had the standard Snap In adapter and the USB Snap In adapter. The latter is great, until you plug in standard iPod via the proper cable - then you lose iPhone iPod if you know what I mean. Thats OK, but I would like my BT Audio Link to work.

nomis_nehc 06-15-2010 02:35 PM

I don't have the same problem as you are describing, but on rare occasions the BT connection does seem worse than usual. I would switch to the phone, and then back to the car, and it would be fine.

ipp 06-16-2010 07:49 AM

Are you all having F10:s already?

theXman 06-16-2010 08:08 AM

I'm sure why the BT works fine with your blackberry but not the iPhone. Did you test both devices under the same circumstances (i.e., the same cell tower coverage with strong signal).

wolf 06-16-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by pantherfan69 (Post 1191177)
I havent noticed that issue yet, do you have more than one bluetooth device on at the time?

I do have two phones (iphone and bberry) but it has never been a problem in the past.

wolf 06-16-2010 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by theXman (Post 1191561)
I'm sure why the BT works fine with your blackberry but not the iPhone. Did you test both devices under the same circumstances (i.e., the same cell tower coverage with strong signal).

Yep - and I don't think it has anything to do with the cell coverage because the connection is fine as soon as I go "off" blue tooth and direct to the device. I believe the connection to the tower is always through the phone but the audio that I hear "when through the car speakers" is delivered to the car over blue tooth and that is where the "corruption" is occurring.

I have been told to try disabling wifi on the iphone. I'll give that a try...

uktivo 06-18-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 1191114)

Hi.
Just to advise I have had exactly the same issues with my E60 with the iphone. It is an iphone problem. The BT stack these use is outdated.
The good news......
Im running OS4 on my iphone (we are a developer for Apple iphone products, so get the beta release early) and it fixes the problems completely. I've been running OS4 on the iphone now for about 2 months and not had one call with an issue. The new OS4 will be out I think on the 24th June or there about's.. so bear with it for now.. Upgrade and all will be good.

Roy

PoleApart 06-18-2010 11:12 AM

My Iphone 3G worked fine with my E60 and is working great with the F10 too. No issues