F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Interior view

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='1059200' date='Nov 20 2009, 01:37 PM
Two dials on the radio? I see one volume control knob and two climate control knobs with the temps in red above...
yes im blind, especially b4 9AM!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by m630' post='1059374' date='Nov 20 2009, 03:33 PM
yes im blind, especially b4 9AM!!!!!!
I understand completely!
Old 11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: E90 330i Sport & E46 323Ci

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1059328' date='Nov 20 2009, 03:58 PM
guys i think some comments here are a bit overdone. a cramped interior in a 5 series? sun glare in the idrive screen because of bad layout? come on, this is a GERMAN car, they would do anything but getting such basics wrong. this will probably be the biggest 5 series ever, how can it be cramped inside? some of these comments are really similar to the guy with the "two knobs on the radio" - looking twice and a bit of thinking really is the way forward.

seriously, I respect everyone's subjective opinion, and I also have mine. But lets be a bit more thoughtful when judging what we see on the pics. Its great to have such a community here and it will be even better if we try to assess the F10 in a more thoughtful manner.
I'm going to have to side with you on this, mmitev. I was almost sorry I posted these interior shots.

On the other hand, in September of last year I read a particular post on Bimmerfest from someone who was in one of the "focus groups" that gets to preview the car before it hits the streets. This poster did seem to think the interior was smaller (at least in front) than the E60. I found this to be a bit odd-sounding, but now I'm not so sure that he was completely offbase....

Is it possible that BMW could make the car look bigger from the outside, but actually decrease interior space in some dimensions?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Senior Members

Am I the only one who sees a 6-speed manual in the original pic?? It's hidden I know, but compare it to the auto-stick layout in the other pics. Very, very happy.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by higher' post='1059313' date='Nov 20 2009, 10:41 PM
I didn't realize BMW had a tie-up with Lego ?

Because it looks like that's who designed the interior !

This what good interior car design look like.....
Hi,

I must disagree! Interior looking like that picture would be an absolute no go for me
It is good that we like different things - it would not be nice if everybody drove a BMW

BR

Jukka
Old 11-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

The problem here is that some people who own BMW?s, and other cars are?.how can I say this politely??Intellectually challenged ?.

They have trouble even with the basics like engaging ?drive? so complex design features and technical advances are wasted on these morons.

Myself, I have a very high level of education and intellectual capacity so the more complexity and design niches the better.

Imagine being a BMW engineer trying to design an interior for that broad spread of customers.

Now I know this will be a little offensive, but any company knows that there is a higher proportion of ?intellectually? challenged population in the US than in Europe or Asia Pacific (not my opinion, but statistically true). But the US is also the largest market for BMW so this can often result in a ?dumbed down? design philosophy. That is what we are seeing here.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 760li

Originally Posted by higher' post='1059647' date='Nov 21 2009, 06:23 AM
The problem here is that some people who own BMW?s, and other cars are?.how can I say this politely??Intellectually challenged ?.

They have trouble even with the basics like engaging ?drive? so complex design features and technical advances are wasted on these morons.

Myself, I have a very high level of education and intellectual capacity so the more complexity and design niches the better.

Imagine being a BMW engineer trying to design an interior for that broad spread of customers.

Now I know this will be a little offensive, but any company knows that there is a higher proportion of ?intellectually? challenged population in the US than in Europe or Asia Pacific (not my opinion, but statistically true). But the US is also the largest market for BMW so this can often result in a ?dumbed down? design philosophy. That is what we are seeing here.
thats why euro spec cars have more options compared to North America spec cars
Old 11-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by higher' post='1059647' date='Nov 21 2009, 06:23 AM

how is the astons interior more complex than the bmw's? less is more? im confused
Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by higher' post='1059647
any company knows that there is a higher proportion of ?intellectually? challenged population in the US than in Europe or Asia Pacific (not my opinion, but statistically true)
Care to show the statistics?
For the record, I'm not American or US citizen, and don't really care about what you say about US, or at all for that matter, but a person with self proclaimed "high level of education and intellectual capacity" won't come to forum and call anybody "morons".
Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='1059840' date='Nov 21 2009, 01:57 PM
And no tact whatsoever.
GTFO here dude.

Care to show the statistics?
For the record, I'm not American or US citizen, and don't really care about what you say about US, or at all for that matter, but a person with self proclaimed "high level of education and intellectual capacity" won't come to forum and call anybody "morons".

+1mil

u know, they say those with the highest intelligence are usually socially awkward, guess this proves it

Quick Reply: Interior view