F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Instrument Cluster Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Pino
Perhaps you are correct - I took delivery on August 13. The car was completed about 2 to 3 weeks prior. I will watch the icon to see if the numeral inside the square changes. Anyone else have any information?
Thanks again for the reply.
Went to my car and took a couple of pics of the instruments.

Now I'n pretty sure that the "1" in the box is only a calender symbol (as "Paavju") wrote and the three "clovers" or what ever, are "stars" for economical driving.
And I suppose three stars in the best you can get, since I have been broken in my car.
Attached Thumbnails Instrument Cluster Question-eky-15-instuments.jpg   Instrument Cluster Question-eky-15-instruments2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

To be even more exact, what do these "guys" (marked yellow) mean?
Attached Thumbnails Instrument Cluster Question-eky-15-instuments-kyss%C3%A4-2.jpg  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Members

I do not know. I do not have them - at least not yet; however, I only have 450 miles on the clock. We will see what happens later on mine. I do notice that the instrument clusters are reversed for your right hand drive version. The economy meter on yours runs clockwise. The US version/left hand drive runs counter clockwise.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Members

Sorry, let me be more precise - the Efficient Dynamics gauge is the only thing reversed. Your right hand drive has it on the left whereas my left hand drive has it on the right. Very strange that they would not be the same.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
To be even more exact, what do these "guys" (marked yellow) mean?
I think thats a reminder for the rear three passenger seat belts.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by Pino
Sorry, let me be more precise - the Efficient Dynamics gauge is the only thing reversed. Your right hand drive has it on the left whereas my left hand drive has it on the right. Very strange that they would not be the same.
It's not right hand drive. They have the steering wheel on the left side in Finland, just as all mainland countries in Europe. It's the average consumption measurement that is different. Liters per 100 kilomters instead instead of miles per gallon. This reverses the efficient dynamics gauge.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by smanoj77
I think thats a reminder for the rear three passenger seat belts.
Correct!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gorban
It's not right hand drive. They have the steering wheel on the left side in Finland, just as all mainland countries in Europe. It's the average consumption measurement that is different. Liters per 100 kilomters instead instead of miles per gallon. This reverses the efficient dynamics gauge.
Thanks for reminding me about the drive side. I suppose that I was thinking the UK plus I just returned from Malaysia. I guess I have right hand drive on the brain. Therefore, if I select the liters per 100 kilometers on my USA build, it will flip the efficient dynamics gauge from the left end of the arc to the right end? I will have to try that. Still seems strange that they would not be the same layout for both units of measurement.

Thanks again for the information.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gorban
Correct!
Exactly, it's just the warning light to tell the driver that all passengers are belted.
AFAIK, the calendar icon next to the date (todays date), well, it's just an icon to symbolize that it is the current date you're looking at...
If you toggle the BC button you'll see that all numbers shown have different icons to the left; Mpg/liter per 100/km (with a gas pump icon), miles/km left until empty tank (Gas pump with an arrow pointing at it) and current date (with the calendar icon).

If you don't want to see the date when you toggle the information you can always disable it in the iDrive.