F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Glimps of the new 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='874765' date='May 11 2009, 08:36 AM
Just because it is on the internet means it must be true.

opinionative
Opinionator
Opinionate
opinionated
Opinionately

are variations of opinion in accordance with websters dictionary. some moron misuses a word and other idiots keep using it until it is a word, because people are retards in general. dont contribute to the general retardation of the human race by perpetuating garbage english.

it is like using IRREGARDLESS (Which is NOT A WORD by the way) just because people take a regular word and spew out some other junk letters around it doesnt make it a legit word, rather i mere ploy at trying to take a standard word and trying to sound intelligent by adding a lengthy prefix or suffix. IRREGARDLESS works just as well as Regardless.

Based on your logic (the google logic) the following are also words:

Results 1 - 10 of about 41,400 for ijjij with Safesearch on. (0.06 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 582 for jlk fhdhf with Safesearch on. (0.09 seconds)

Results 1 - 5 of 5 for bjfsbn with Safesearch on. (0.15 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 359,000 for qwertyuiop with Safesearch on. (0.18 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 347 for sdvcsdc with Safesearch on. (0.21 seconds)

Results 1 - 2 of about 0 for kjndssds with Safesearch on. (0.32 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,660 for azxsdcvf with Safesearch on. (0.17 seconds)

Have I made my point?

Good Day Sir.
Indeed you have.

But since you did not understand my point, please let me explain again - maybe this time it will be clearer:

1. Opinionate is an old English, word once used frequently - then forgotten
2. The word has been used more frequent lately (say the last 10 years)
3. People who are not aware of the etymological history of words such as "opinionated" (first reg 1601) may think that just because they haven't seen it around during their life time may think the word is wrong.
4. Oxford English Dictionary may not be worth that much in parts of the US, but over in Europe it is regarded as having pretty good accuracy. And in OED it's registrered 1643.