F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Glimps of the new 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009 | 05:05 PM
Senior Members

I'm not sure about our E60s, but this F10 makes no aesthetic allusion to it's predecessors. There's no hint that over the years it came from the first 5 series, to the E34, to the E39, to the E60, and now to this. I mean, no connection at all. Remember the change from the E34 to the 39? It really just looked refined and that was it. There were no drastic changes. Atleast the E60 kept the angel eyes from the E39. What traits does the F10 show from the E60? I thought the new E-class looked gay, but... man..
Old 04-27-2009 | 10:59 AM
Members

do you people realize that you are opinonating on guesses of what the F10 will look like?

well at least its a good thing to pass time on
Old 04-27-2009 | 03:29 PM
Members

Somehow it doesn't look like a "Happy Car" ... has a sort of frowning look in the pic.
Old 04-28-2009 | 04:01 AM
Contributors

I want a car with a rear. Where is the rear ?
Old 04-28-2009 | 01:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Frank5er' post='856046' date='Apr 22 2009, 10:06 PM
Hey Sim,

Just got these couple of days ago. It's called Vertini Hennessy in 20s. Believe it or not I bought these because I had to wait 6 weeks for my custom made wheels, now I'm falling in love with it!

Looks great...that means when you get the custom wheels you can give these to me huh? Jun?
Old 04-29-2009 | 12:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by lk1202' post='860558' date='Apr 27 2009, 01:59 PM
do you people realize that you are opinonating on guesses of what the F10 will look like?

well at least its a good thing to pass time on
Do you realize "opinionating" is not actually a word?
Old 04-29-2009 | 03:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='863116' date='Apr 29 2009, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure George Bush used the word at least once . . .

BTW, a lot of these "artist's renderings" show large horizontal grills (stretched left-to-right). They're closer to the design of the new Z4. I think they're svelte and look really great.

But I fear that the F10's grill will look closer to those of the new 7, the 5GT and the X1. Those are large vertical grills (stretched up-and-down). To me, those grills look offish and frumpy.

Of course, all this is idle opinonating (is that the right spelling?).
Old 04-30-2009 | 08:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='863116' date='Apr 29 2009, 10:39 PM
17 200 hits on Google says otherwise

Also, found this from the Boston Globe
"Opinionating? Well, it's clear enough; if people with strong views are opinionated, then opinionate is a logical verb to describe spreading one's opinions around. And it's stronger than opine, which can sound a bit stuffy. But is it legit?

That depends on the rules you choose. If you play Scrabble with Merriam-Webster's Collegiate at your elbow, don't try opinionate (though you'll find it in M-W's Unabridged). But both American Heritage (4th edition) and the New Oxford American (2d), mention opinionate, the verb, as the source (now ``obsolete" or ``rare") of opinionated.

And 400 years ago, opinionate was standard English, though writers in need of a verb meaning ``believe, express an opinion about" could also choose opine or opinion. ``Pythagoras opinionated [the soul] a Number moving of it selfe," says a 1643 tract cited in the Oxford English Dictionary. Opine has since pulled far ahead in the popularity contest, but that doesn't mean opinionate is dead.

In fact, opinionate has appeared in American newspapers regularly (though not frequently) in the past couple of decades. Only The New York Times seems to have banned it (except for on the Web, wher they have a blog called ``The Opinionator"); a Nexis search turns up just one citation, from 1983, when William Safire noted that columnists ``earn their living by opinionating." Other print outlets have been more tolerant, though, and on uncensored Google, opinionating gets about 30,000 hits.

So why not welcome it back? Yes, some people--those who cringe when empathetic and preventative pop up in place of their shorter synonyms--will say that opinionate is just a multisyllabic alternative to opine, with nothing to recommend it.

But consider the case of commentate: That verb, though a much later coinage than opinionate, has made itself useful, distinguishing plain comment (``say something") from the more regular (and often remunerated) activity of sports and political commentators. Commentate has its detractors, but dictionaries, usage commentators, even Times editors accept it.

And opinionate seems to be taking a similar path; it's not, usually, a mere synonym for opine, but a word for habitual or professional opinion-mongering. You may wish we didn't need such a word, but with all the bloviating and spinning and punditing going on, a not-too-pejorative verb for the activity would come in handy. So how about two cheers for opinionate? We could do a lot worse."
Old 04-30-2009 | 09:16 AM
Members

Backside is more like .. hatchback
Old 05-10-2009 | 10:36 PM
Contributors

Just because it is on the internet means it must be true.

opinionative
Opinionator
Opinionate
opinionated
Opinionately

are variations of opinion in accordance with websters dictionary. some moron misuses a word and other idiots keep using it until it is a word, because people are retards in general. dont contribute to the general retardation of the human race by perpetuating garbage english.

it is like using IRREGARDLESS (Which is NOT A WORD by the way) just because people take a regular word and spew out some other junk letters around it doesnt make it a legit word, rather i mere ploy at trying to take a standard word and trying to sound intelligent by adding a lengthy prefix or suffix. IRREGARDLESS works just as well as Regardless.

Based on your logic (the google logic) the following are also words:

Results 1 - 10 of about 41,400 for ijjij with Safesearch on. (0.06 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 582 for jlk fhdhf with Safesearch on. (0.09 seconds)

Results 1 - 5 of 5 for bjfsbn with Safesearch on. (0.15 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 359,000 for qwertyuiop with Safesearch on. (0.18 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 347 for sdvcsdc with Safesearch on. (0.21 seconds)

Results 1 - 2 of about 0 for kjndssds with Safesearch on. (0.32 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,660 for azxsdcvf with Safesearch on. (0.17 seconds)

Have I made my point?

Good Day Sir.

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='864125' date='Apr 30 2009, 12:03 PM
17 200 hits on Google says otherwise

Also, found this from the Boston Globe
"Opinionating? Well, it's clear enough; if people with strong views are opinionated, then opinionate is a logical verb to describe spreading one's opinions around. And it's stronger than opine, which can sound a bit stuffy. But is it legit?

That depends on the rules you choose. If you play Scrabble with Merriam-Webster's Collegiate at your elbow, don't try opinionate (though you'll find it in M-W's Unabridged). But both American Heritage (4th edition) and the New Oxford American (2d), mention opinionate, the verb, as the source (now ``obsolete" or ``rare") of opinionated.

And 400 years ago, opinionate was standard English, though writers in need of a verb meaning ``believe, express an opinion about" could also choose opine or opinion. ``Pythagoras opinionated [the soul] a Number moving of it selfe," says a 1643 tract cited in the Oxford English Dictionary. Opine has since pulled far ahead in the popularity contest, but that doesn't mean opinionate is dead.

In fact, opinionate has appeared in American newspapers regularly (though not frequently) in the past couple of decades. Only The New York Times seems to have banned it (except for on the Web, wher they have a blog called ``The Opinionator"); a Nexis search turns up just one citation, from 1983, when William Safire noted that columnists ``earn their living by opinionating." Other print outlets have been more tolerant, though, and on uncensored Google, opinionating gets about 30,000 hits.

So why not welcome it back? Yes, some people--those who cringe when empathetic and preventative pop up in place of their shorter synonyms--will say that opinionate is just a multisyllabic alternative to opine, with nothing to recommend it.

But consider the case of commentate: That verb, though a much later coinage than opinionate, has made itself useful, distinguishing plain comment (``say something") from the more regular (and often remunerated) activity of sports and political commentators. Commentate has its detractors, but dictionaries, usage commentators, even Times editors accept it.

And opinionate seems to be taking a similar path; it's not, usually, a mere synonym for opine, but a word for habitual or professional opinion-mongering. You may wish we didn't need such a word, but with all the bloviating and spinning and punditing going on, a not-too-pejorative verb for the activity would come in handy. So how about two cheers for opinionate? We could do a lot worse."