F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 - a true BMW???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Nice going rsyed How true.

For those who wants a optimum handling F10, orders the M sport chassis (and Package, available from the September production) and the Adaptive Drive package and the Integral Active Steering and non-RF 20" tires (even the 19" wheels looks small on the F10).
unfortunately, the m sport suspension is EU market only....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

For me, the F10 is as "true" a BMW as any of my last 4 BMW's that I've owned (three 5 series and one X5). It's just as sporty as any of the others but adds a lot more luxury and options.

As I mentioned before in another thread, getting the Sports Package and Dynamic Handling gives you as much "sport" as you can handle outside of a M-series. But test-drive one and see for yourself instead of jumping to conclusions after reading some magazine article or another person's opinion.

As far as looks....this subject has been talked to death and it's pointless to debate about it any further. All I got to say is that over the last 2 months of owning it, I've got nothing but rave reviews and nice compliments from just about everyone...BMW and non-BMW drivers. I love the F10 design....it's sleek, modern and the low, wide stance also gives it a more sporty look. To me, the E60 by comparison looks old...it was exciting 5-6 years ago when they weren't that many out on the road but today they're everywhere.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

As far as looks....this subject has been talked to death and it's pointless to debate about it any further. All I got to say is that over the last 2 months of owning it, I've got nothing but rave reviews and nice compliments from just about everyone...BMW and non-BMW drivers. I love the F10 design....it's sleek, modern and the low, wide stance also gives it a more sporty look. To me, the E60 by comparison looks old...it was exciting 5-6 years ago when they weren't that many out on the road but today they're everywhere.
[/quote]

That's because it's new and MOST people like anything that is new. Something that they haven't seen before. And many people will LEARN to like it if they see it enough. Just like a bad song.. if you hear it enough, you'll start to like it. Same thing here. Fortunately, I'm not one of them. We all have our own opinions, so the fact that you like the new car mean just that.. that you like it. There are plenty of people who don't and that's their opinions. I'm glad you like it. Enjoy my friends.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MitchBMW
That's because it's new and MOST people like anything that is new.
Remembering the debut of the Bangle E60, I'd say that doesn't quite follow your logic. But I do agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

That's because it's new and MOST people like anything that is new. Something that they haven't seen before. And many people will LEARN to like it if they see it enough. Just like a bad song.. if you hear it enough, you'll start to like it. Same thing here. Fortunately, I'm not one of them. We all have our own opinions, so the fact that you like the new car mean just that.. that you like it. There are plenty of people who don't and that's their opinions. I'm glad you like it. Enjoy my friends.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but your argument about people automatically liking anything that's new is wrong and naive. If that was true, every manufacturer and every entrepreneur would always succeed. Everybody would be millionaires. There would be no need to market or advertise anything because people are robots and will accept anything as long as it's new. If that is even remotely true, why isn't every new car model a stunning success? For example...My last car was a 2009 Acura TL. The car has an extremely radical design over the previous generation. Did people automatically like it because it was new?....No way!....Did they "learn" to like it even now....No way!.....It's been selling terribly ever since it was introduced and consistently ranks among the lowest in its class in sales every month. People didn't like the Pontiac Aztek when it was introduced and they still don't like it even now. There are lots of people who hated the E60 when it was introduced and they STILL hate it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

no offense pete, but the fact that you keep bringing up your previous TL and how bad it looks and sells does not say much for your personal preference/car choices
Old 08-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
no offense pete, but the fact that you keep bringing up your previous TL and how bad it looks and sells does not say much for your personal preference/car choices

LOL. Gene, you sure know how to bust someone's balls don't you. Your screen name suits you well.

The reason why I brought up my previous TL was to illustrate my point that just because a model is new and boldy designed doesn't mean the public will appreciate it or "learn" to appreciate it. It's a huge risk for the automaker. It's been demonstrated time and time again that conservative is always a safer bet. As for me, the reason why I bought the car in the first place was because I loved the interior and the car represented a tremendous value at the time. The grill was a real eyesore for me but after replacing it with an aftermarket one, the front end looked much better.

I've owned 5 BMW's (now 6 with the F10) in the last 11 years so I'd say my choices have been pretty darn good.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Petes550i
LOL. Gene, you sure know how to bust someone's balls don't you. Your screen name suits you well.

I've owned 5 BMW's (now 6 with the F10) in the last 11 years so I'd say my choices have been pretty darn good.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by rsyed
And so what is the m-suspension: lowered springs (10mm) and stiffer shock absorbers. As you can see from the above, technically speaking you can emulate the m-suspension with the sports mode of the adaptive drive. Basically with that you get the best of both worlds: comfort and yet the sporty touch to your drive.
Are you sure about this?

If this is true BMW kind of sells the same feature twice.

Did test drive a 530dA with the Adaptive Drive and I felt the get lower after pushing the Sport button.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BENZ
Drive the new E-Class and you'll forget the fat-ass rubbish called 5 series. My friend has a new E200 CDI Touring and he smoked a new 525d. How does it feel to you, 5 series dreamer. Next time when you see an E-Class in your rear window, tremble with fear. Because the E-Class is the absolutely BEST leaving your pathetic 5 series far behind in everything.
wait, so you don't even own an e class personally?

Quick Reply: F10 - a true BMW???