F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is indeed good news. My SE confirmed that this was "verbally" communicated to them. I think PML can well afford this at the price that they are charging. With lower COE and EURO, they must be making a nice bundle.

Originally Posted by bravojs
Yes SE confirmed. Hopefully the new maps have been improved over the previous versions though..
Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Members

My Ride: May 2005 BMW 523i

Went to the launch today. Launch was held at *Scape. Not as grand as those of other countries.. Only two models were on display, the 535i & 523i basic model with the 7" display. If you plan on heading down for the rest of the days, maybe better to go slightly later. With a large crowd, and only 2 cars on display, you might need to wait awhile to get up close to the cars.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Members

Went to the launch today. Launch was held at *Scape. Not as grand as those of other countries.. Only two models were on display, the 535i & 523i basic model with the 7" display. If you plan on heading down for the rest of the days, maybe better to go slightly later. With a large crowd, and only 2 cars on display, you might need to wait awhile to get up close to the cars.
Agreed. Parked at Ngee Ann City and walked to *Scape. There were no directions or signs to the venue. I really didn't expect to walk through a half completed shopping centre to get to the venue - there were other equally confused guests. My own guests were quite bemused at this and the lack of occasion to the whole launch. Might as well wait till 22 May when the cars are on display in the showroom - less of a fish market atmosphere then.

Btw, while I did not see any placard, the 523 on display should have been the Highline version - it had 18" wheels and the light ash wood trim (which was not as elegant as the Fineline Anthracite trim on the 535). The base version comes with 17" wheels and black high gloss trim. Didn't notice the screen size on it. If it was the smaller screen, this would appear to contradict the information about the Navi Business being updated to Navi Pro.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Members

The 523i HL on display has the smaller screen. It is the same car at the preview at Alexandra. the upgrade to Nav Pro is done at factory when car is assembled.

Originally Posted by bimmernic
Agreed. Parked at Ngee Ann City and walked to *Scape. There were no directions or signs to the venue. I really didn't expect to walk through a half completed shopping centre to get to the venue - there were other equally confused guests. My own guests were quite bemused at this and the lack of occasion to the whole launch. Might as well wait till 22 May when the cars are on display in the showroom - less of a fish market atmosphere then.

Btw, while I did not see any placard, the 523 on display should have been the Highline version - it had 18" wheels and the light ash wood trim (which was not as elegant as the Fineline Anthracite trim on the 535). The base version comes with 17" wheels and black high gloss trim. Didn't notice the screen size on it. If it was the smaller screen, this would appear to contradict the information about the Navi Business being updated to Navi Pro.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
The 523i HL on display has the smaller screen. It is the same car at the preview at Alexandra. the upgrade to Nav Pro is done at factory when car is assembled.
Apparently, the 523i highline arrives with 7" screen. Free upgrade to Nav Pro is done locally at PML. Any updates on this?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kinggo
Apparently, the 523i highline arrives with 7" screen. Free upgrade to Nav Pro is done locally at PML. Any updates on this?
I heard that the Nav Pro is retrofitted locally. The 523i HL at the launch was probably the same one as the showroom one. Maybe its their demo or test car that has not been retrofitted? I guess eventually the Navigation Business will have to work, so they can save on this demo car?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Members

I heard that the Nav Pro is retrofitted locally. The 523i HL at the launch was probably the same one as the showroom one. Maybe its their demo or test car that has not been retrofitted? I guess eventually the Navigation Business will have to work, so they can save on this demo car?
Hi, I spoke to my SA about the Nav system (I ordered the HL version). His response is that PML has not made a decision yet. The techies from Munich could not resolve the issue. The first batch of buyers will have the screen "updated" to the larger screen and pro nav but whether they get the full works (hard disk etc) is still undecided. Anyway, just wait and see what happens.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jellyfish
Hi, I spoke to my SA about the Nav system (I ordered the HL version). His response is that PML has not made a decision yet. The techies from Munich could not resolve the issue. The first batch of buyers will have the screen "updated" to the larger screen and pro nav but whether they get the full works (hard disk etc) is still undecided. Anyway, just wait and see what happens.
With 100 cars going out tomorrow, I'd expect that they would have made a decision by now? The Navigation professional is based on the hard disk system, so i m not sure how it will work w/o the hard disk... But will see tomorrow when we get the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Members

You are getting the car tomorrow? Congrats! Please tell us how it drives and post lots of pictures ok? I have to wait till July to collect car.

With 100 cars going out tomorrow, I'd expect that they would have made a decision by now? The Navigation professional is based on the hard disk system, so i m not sure how it will work w/o the hard disk... But will see tomorrow when we get the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kiasu King
You are getting the car tomorrow? Congrats! Please tell us how it drives and post lots of pictures ok? I have to wait till July to collect car.
Thanks! will do

Quick Reply: F10 for Singaporeans