F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 Pickup Today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Beautiful looking car buddy. Lovely colour combo...
Old 05-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

The coolest F10 so far!!
The interior is mile better than E60 and i really love the combinations!
Congrats!!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
The coolest F10 so far!!
The interior is mile better than E60 and i really love the combinations!
Congrats!!
Interior is great! Love the Oyster colour!!

Still debating on the exterior styling though!

Happy driving buddy!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 6MT

Congratulations ! Indeed the interior especially is stunning. Wish you a lot of fun with your new drive !
Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Congratz on your new ride...It looks amazing...and the diesel has a nice amount of torque...

Shame you din't go with the 20's,...

Happy motoring!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Congrats dood.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 523i, Steptronic, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Brown Wood Trim, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Sun Protection Glass, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Ipod, Electric Seats w memory, tires Dunlop sp1 225/55 R16.

Great ride & Cool color ENJOY .

Noticed no Folding Mirrors - It is so important option.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Members

Congrats! Two questions. In your closeup of the shifter, I see sport and normal settings. How do you get to the sport+? Also you mention 3 chassis settings - how do you make them - through iDrive?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Thank's for the pics.
Very nice looking car, excellent color combo.

I'm not sure about the black kidney grills, though.
The chrome goes very nicely with the blue color.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport. 19" Wheels. Pro Nav. Logic 7. BT. Dakota.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Even my dealer said they like the colour combination! They are getting a showroom one in done in the same way.
My old E60 was black/black/black - so I fancied something a bit more colourful. I would never had dreamed that I would get such a light colour for the interior - the only reason I did is because its actually mostly black thanks to the headlining. Only the seats and lower dash are light. Oh and it looks great at night with the ambient lighting.

Answers to a few questions:-

- I am not decided on the black grille yet either. I have the chrome ones still of course. One thing I would say is that when you see the grills and the High Gloss Shadow line in the same view - it makes more sense.

- The Sport + mode simply comes from pressing Sport again. You kind of go up and down the settings. You can set the car in the iDrive to simply change the gearbox settings or the gearbox and chassis settings - when you press the Normal/Sport selector button. I think the Sport setting also changes the fuelling - not sure. I think this because if you move the Gearbox selecter stick to the left - it goes into a sport mode also (and immediately changes down a gear in preparation for you to go nuts on the LOUD pedal! ) only when you move up or down from there does it go to manual mode. So quite a few levels of how you feel like driving.

- No the Speed Display thing is the Speed Limit Display. Its a £240 (i think) option. It has a camera mounted behind the rear view mirror that reads roadsigns. It also uses GPS and checks against a database. Its very good I have to say.

I took my wife out in it yesterday for a short trip, she said she felt underdressed for the occasion! This re-iterates my point about the feeling inside.

Any other questions?

Quick Reply: F10 Pickup Today!