F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 Pickup Today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M-Sport. 19" Wheels. Pro Nav. Logic 7. BT. Dakota.

In a couple of hours, i'm leaving home to collect my 525d from the dealer.

Its in Deep Sea Blue - which I have not seen any good images of yet. SO I hope its gonna be nice. I will of course post pictures later this evening, but of anyone wants anything specific (if you have one on order) reported back or photo's - let me know.

Can't wait.

My extra's list goes like this:-

Dynamic Pack - High Gloss Shadow, Sports Seats (I have upgraded to Comfort seats), 19" V-Spoke Wheels (thought about the 312 20"s - but still costed a bit more).
Media Professional - Bigger screen, HDD, Connected Drive etc.
Vision Pack - Xenon's, Directional, Auto-Dip etc.
Logic 7 Audio
Speed Display
Oyster/Black interior with Nappa Leather
Black Grills (fitted by my dealer)
Bluetooth Audio
Sport Automatic
Tinted Glass
Sun Shade band

Speak to all later on!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

congrats!!
Seems you have lots of options

Dont forget to post us some pics when you got the car
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
congrats!!
Seems you have lots of options

Dont forget to post us some pics when you got the car
+1
Old 05-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Congrats! Be sure to post pics.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
Congrats! Be sure to post pics.
+1.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport. 19" Wheels. Pro Nav. Logic 7. BT. Dakota.

Originally Posted by turner001
In a couple of hours, i'm leaving home to collect my 525d from the dealer.

Its in Deep Sea Blue - which I have not seen any good images of yet. SO I hope its gonna be nice. I will of course post pictures later this evening, but of anyone wants anything specific (if you have one on order) reported back or photo's - let me know.

Can't wait.

My extra's list goes like this:-

Dynamic Pack - High Gloss Shadow, Sports Seats (I have upgraded to Comfort seats), 19" V-Spoke Wheels (thought about the 312 20"s - but still costed a bit more).
Media Professional - Bigger screen, HDD, Connected Drive etc.
Vision Pack - Xenon's, Directional, Auto-Dip etc.
Logic 7 Audio
Speed Display
Oyster/Black interior with Nappa Leather
Black Grills (fitted by my dealer)
Bluetooth Audio
Sport Automatic
Tinted Glass
Sun Shade band

Speak to all later on!

**** UPDATE ****

I hope the photos have uploaded right.

First impressions are that this is a massive step up from my E60 520d M-Sport in terms of 'the feeling inside'. The car does feel bigger and dare I say it heavier - but in a nice way.
Quality is amazing - especially the Nappa leather, its just beautiful. The comfort seats are expensive for sure, but they are worth it, so worth it.
The iDrive system is a bit daunting at first. I had the full Media pack on my E60 and I'm a computer consultant of 13 years - and I'm even surprised how much there is. I wouldn't have it any other way mind you. Who wants a car you're bored with by the time you get it home!

Driving wise - its smooth. Its not wafty smooth mind you. You can feel the road but when you consider 19" run flats and basic suspension setup - its very good. I'm more than happy with it. Here's a little gem of info for you all (i didn' know this), the sport Auto gearbox includes adjustable suspension. You can choose Sport or Sport+ as we know - what I didnt know is that the chassis also has 3 settings! This has made me happy - because I couldn't afford to have the Variable Damper thing. This is next best for sure. And you really can feel the difference.

The engine does not sound like a diesel inside - you simply cannot tell. It is very smooth and has plenty of power for me. I originally wanted the 520d as its such a bargain, now I wonder how good it would be with the auto box and what sort of noise it would make. Whatever, it will be a great car for anyone thats ordered one. Is the 525d worth £5k more than the 520d? Maybe - is my answer.

My only negative that I have today - is that the standard steering does seem to have a slow turn ratio. It needs some turning to get round a medium/small roundabout. Having said that I like the electric power steering - it is a bit light, but I think it suits the car. On the M-Sport version (when it comes out) they should change both of these things - Quicker steering and a bit less assistance.

I'm going to look at the manual now - I want to see album artwork on screen and have e-mails read out to me! Lets see how I get on.

Any questions? Please ask.
Attached Thumbnails F10 Pickup Today!-img_2626.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2627.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2628.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2629.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2630.jpg  

F10 Pickup Today!-img_2631.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2632.jpg   F10 Pickup Today!-img_2633.jpg  
Old 05-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Members

Cool color combination. The blue goes well with the oyster interior.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Members

Stunning! In your options you mention "Speed Display" - is this HUD?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Members

Very nice. Thanks for the pics!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I love Deep Sea Blue -- one of my very most fav non M5 colors.

Quick Reply: F10 Pickup Today!