F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 M-sport revealed! This thing looks like what I pictured M5 to

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

As posted in the F11 forum, I'm not too impressed of what is at display. Whereas the M-sport package gave the E61 another dimension, this looks slightly off place and more of a 25 year old's wet dream come true through a night with PS and a lot of Coca Cola. It doesn't add another dimension to the existing design, it more reduces the existing.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by v_therussian
expected more... I don't know, guess I'm gonna have to see it in person. But I'm getting really bored with BMW lately. The styling is not that appealing to me, the handling is evening out with the Benz, the engines are getting worse as weight is going up... I just may not be in the market for another Bimmer when the time finally comes. Thank God I love my E60 though
+1
Seems they have spend too much time/money on dynamic efficient stuffs and less focus on handling and styling :thumbsdown:

I have driven the 535 F10 a month ago and very disappointed with its handling compare with my E60 or even E39,
its just too artificial, BMW, are you forgot how to make a proper driver's car???
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I am glad the E60 is still unique
+1
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius
As posted in the F11 forum, I'm not too impressed of what is at display. Whereas the M-sport package gave the E61 another dimension, this looks slightly off place and more of a 25 year old's wet dream come true through a night with PS and a lot of Coca Cola. It doesn't add another dimension to the existing design, it more reduces the existing.
+1

And I may also add that I like the standard F11 more than this M-sport version.

And, WTF is going onn with those rear wheel arches? The tires look like they are stuck deep in the wheel wells, and maybe 1-2 inch too narrow. If you look at an A6 or an E-class, this is defo not the case - their rear wheels fit really well in the arches. Do we all have to buy an M5 to have rear wheels filling the arches? Or run straight to the spacer shop after picking up the car from the dealer? Is this what the ultimate driving machine is supposed to look like? I am a bit put off by this, as I had to buy spacers to make my rear wheels look like they are supposed to (just normal), and also because BMW fixed this problem on the E90 with the facelift. Now we have the brand new F11, and once again the same problem... why?
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Still not buying it.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
+1
Seems they have spend too much time/money on dynamic efficient stuffs and less focus on handling and styling :thumbsdown:

I have driven the 535 F10 a month ago and very disappointed with its handling compare with my E60 or even E39,
its just too artificial, BMW, are you forgot how to make a proper driver's car???
Hi,

I have been driving the F10 535iA with M-Sport suspension and integral active steering for two months now. This is my 8th 5 series BMW and by far the most dynamic and by my opinion the best one. I am completely satisfied with the car and especially on how it drives.

Best regards,

TGII
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Not feeling the m-sport at all. Front looks too much like an aftermarket bumper you'd find on a honda....you know the kind that don't really go with the rest of the car...
Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA
Hi,

I have been driving the F10 535iA with M-Sport suspension and integral active steering for two months now. This is my 8th 5 series BMW and by far the most dynamic and by my opinion the best one. I am completely satisfied with the car and especially on how it drives.

Best regards,

TGII
The F10 defintely handles well, but the power assisted steering wheel kills the feeling from the road.
Maybe the one you tried was equiped with active steering which gives better road feel.

F10 is very good car indeed but not the instant class leader in its section anymore like the old E60 or E39.
Just my thought
Old 06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Contributors

I want that interior!!! In my E60 though. Why the hell is BMW leather so damn stiff?!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Cool! 100% not buying F10 5 Series! HAHA~

Looks DEFINITELY like the current 3 Series = fail!

van Hooydonk should get sacked!

Quick Reply: F10 M-sport revealed! This thing looks like what I pictured M5 to