F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F10 arrived in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
My thoughts about the F10:

Interior:
-The design is great but the space inside is disappointing,
-the boot is narrower than our E60, the front and rear space are almost idenitical to our E60.(I feel narrower actually )
-The cabin quality is great compared to my pre-LCI E60, but not huge step forward for those LCI E60 users

Exterior:
-The F10 is much better looking than 5GT, it looks like the XL size of E92 coupe at the back.
But sorry, it still not growing on me, the sales told us we will get used to the new look of BMWs as the time past,
but the main point is, if its a good looking car, why we need to get used to the look? That is somthing should tell instantly when you see a good looking thing.

The car feels dull in real, maybe better on the road. I dont want telling myself and say it is a good looking car, it looks dull and boring.I know there are loads of F10 lovers out there, its just my personal view

To sum up:
-F10 looks very conservative, but it might sell well because it is easier for everyone's taste
-the option list is long so it will be more expensive than our E60
-the interior is great, but the cabin space is "very" disappointing especially when you know they are using the same platform as F02.

Cheers
Keith
Actually, when I noticed from the photos/videos,
- its "nostril" ended up much flater and smaller than the F02 or the 5GT (what is the model no of 5GT anyway?)
supposedly the F02 and 5GT should look a little like a bear, but F10's nostril seems too small for a bear
- its "eyes" look like it's from the E9x
the "eye brows" seemed kinda droopy to me and small, makes it looks too calm
all in all, its look lacks the energy or not "poser" enough to work on, but probably, the M-tech body can do wonders as these kits always do.

that's when I started looking at the F02, new MB S-class, and then the Panamera... because I just can't wait no more to find out if the real thing can change my mind...

Sounds like I made the correct decision
Old 03-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Senior Members

I know what you mean, it is always subjective when talking about designs.
When the E60 came out, it instantly caught my eye despite people keep saying it is ugly.
The E60 Looks innovative to me when it came out, and i believe people will change their views as the time past.
but F10 looks dull to me, and i got a weired feeling it will not win my heart.

The demo car is equipped with comfort seat i believe, but i am not talking about the leg room here, the whole atmosphere feels clammped, it is due to the 3D dashboard design perhaps.
Well, on the contrary, I was love in first site with the W211 and E60, respectively... I guess it works like fashion... by the time a look can finally grow on you, then that look would usually soon be out.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 AM
Members

Nice details, especially interiro ambient light package and exterior door handle lights.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by wnshie
Actually, when I noticed from the photos/videos,
- its "nostril" ended up much flater and smaller than the F02 or the 5GT (what is the model no of 5GT anyway?)
supposedly the F02 and 5GT should look a little like a bear, but F10's nostril seems too small for a bear
- its "eyes" look like it's from the E9x
the "eye brows" seemed kinda droopy to me and small, makes it looks too calm
all in all, its look lacks the energy or not "poser" enough to work on, but probably, the M-tech body can do wonders as these kits always do.

that's when I started looking at the F02, new MB S-class, and then the Panamera... because I just can't wait no more to find out if the real thing can change my mind...

Sounds like I made the correct decision
you have made the best decision of all the brands
Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Members

I saw the car as well. Its quite deceiving as the actual car spec we will be getting is different. The 331 style wheel fitted is not standard. we only get the 18" wheels. Good thing though is that all HK models get the sports automatic gear with paddles. The "demo" car did not have the paddles.

For the moment, one disappointing thing is that we will not be getting the comfort/normal/sport buttons next to the gearbox. The sales guy is trying to confirm this though.

the 535 is currently selling at the same price as the gt. And the gt has quite a few more options included, so still figuring out which one to get.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

why cant bmw keep the bigger screen even without navigation?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Thanks for all the pics.

Car looks good to me but needs the M Tech kit and sport package to look sufficiently aggressive. 5 Series always looks 100% better with the M Tech kit.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

looking forward to seeing one in person

can't really appreciate the engineering in pics, though these are the best i've seen
Old 03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by turboawd
why cant bmw keep the bigger screen even without navigation?
+1 I like the wide screen too
Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Members

I know what you mean, it is always subjective when talking about designs.
When the E60 came out, it instantly caught my eye despite people keep saying it is ugly.
The E60 Looks innovative to me when it came out, and i believe people will change their views as the time past.
but F10 looks dull to me, and i got a weired feeling it will not win my heart.

The demo car is equipped with comfort seat i believe, but i am not talking about the leg room here, the whole atmosphere feels clammped, it is due to the 3D dashboard design perhaps.

I agree with your observations on the design. The main reason why the E60 and the F10 cannot be compared "apple for apples" is because the E60 was totally radical in design not seen in other BMW models, whereas the F10 is a rather "expected" and "dated" design based on the E90 and F01 which we have seen on the roads for sometime and thus the F10 did not seem that "wow" a car anymore.

Yes, it might be true that having a bodykit would change the dull looks, I would point out that most, if not all, the tuner designs would follow largely what we have seen on the current E90s and E92/93s, which is why I am not very optimistic any kit would be "radical" so to speak. Even the new F10 M5 I would expect it to look similar to the E92/93 M3 in terms of design by and large since BMW is taking the "conservative" look now.

The E60 was a whole lot different though as everyone was looking forward to how it would look with a kit and boy did it rock when the M5 came out and the grooves of the M5 kit hit us like a runaway train.

Yes, there will be F10 lovers but I personally feel that the F10 is nothing to jump for joy about and that's why I was disappointed. Well, I might just go for the new 6 series when it comes out...

Quick Reply: F10 arrived in Hong Kong