F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Dislike of the F10

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

If you don't like the F10, why go to the trouble of creating a thread for it?? Why waste even ONE moment of your time on it unless you feel a bit vindictive?? Finally, is this really the best use of our forum??
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by GX528i
Wasn't it that the E60 won every competition in the magazines but the F10 lost?
Really?? Check out CAR mag March 2010 issue and the F10 topped Merc, Jag XF and Audi A6 quattro. Check out Insideline
2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Sport vs. 2009 BMW 550i Sport vs. 2010 Jaguar XF Premium and make a guess which came out last and you bought your E60 just last year?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Both are great. The E60 was the best automobile in its segment. Now it passes that title to the F10 which is more advanced. I don't understand why some people are trying to pour disgrace on one of these models. I repeat: both are great. But the fact is that the F10 is more advanced. That's all.
BMW or NOTHING!!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Wasn't it that the E60 won every competition in the magazines but the F10 lost? I even remember that one issue of (can't remember which magazine) either Motor Trend or Car and Driver, where they tested an E60 against the new E-class and the E60 had a clean lead over the competition, and they made a side note in the test saying "If the 'old' 5-series is still on top of the competition, what more when the new 5-series comes out?"
But the F10 'JUST" came out, so we have to give it time for BMW to see all the flaws they made and make them right. I like everything about the F10 except the front of the car (which is what I care about the most), but the interior is hands down sick (like jizz in my pants)! But unless they change their design I dont see myself getting one of these, I know bc i have had plenty of these pull up next to me on red lights, and I still want to keep an e60 as my next car, or at least until the f10 fades out of the market.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Contributors

I think a better title for the thread could have been F10 disappointments. I'm not a hater at all, but very disapponted by the product. I understand the desire to vent as I often do and why not here since many may feel the same.
All that can be said at this point probably has been said already, but in no case should one member attack another member because they disagree, though that has been the case in so many other threads in this section. I think the traffic, or the lack thereof in the F10 board says a bit about what's going on, but suffice to say, many are not satisfied with the car and that is manifested in the many threads we see here.

All I'll respectfully say to those that preach their dedication to the F10 is that you opinion is AS valid as mine, or any other posters, but no more or no less. The F10 in my opinion is NOT better than the E60 in many ways, and it is not the direction I as a bmw enthusiast expected or desired bmw to take the car. When those above state its a better car in EVERY way, that's just your opinion and as long as you believe it, then so be it.
But, that doesn't make it true for me or anyone else and it doesn't need to. If you like it and the direction its taken bmw, I'm glad for you but don't state opinion as fact, because there is no such thing in a debate over subjective things like car performance and the like. Only after a few years will we start to understand whether bmw made the right decision or not as sales will partially dictate whether it is a financially successful model. But until we see where the NEXT 5 series goes, we will always be talking from opinions, and my opinion is as I've stated many times that this will be the outcast when looking back in time, this 5series will be looked at as a wrong fit for what it was supposed to be as I define a midsize sports-lux saloon. The next 5series will show who's right, it will either become smaller, ie confirming it was the wrong car for this market segment, or it will again grow and overtake the need for a 7series at all, and then we can say that bmw really f*D themseleves, as in the new paradigm, the classic 3er is now the new 1er, the 5er is now the new 3er, and the 7er became the 5er, and there aint much need for a bigger car than the F10 other than a long version which is already made for China. And this kills bmw financially as the market for a small bmw that was held by the 3er and its price point and now supported by the less costly 1er and on and on. Time will tell...

To the OP, points well taken, the best way to figure out if its an F01 or an F10 from the front is to key in on the hood, the 5er has the V design and the 7er is clean.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

I'm willing to bet at LEAST half of you guys who dislike the F10 now will eventually get one down the road. It may be in a few weeks, a few months or even in a couple years but it WILL happen. That's how it was when the E60 came out and I expect things won't be any different. Time has a funny way of changing hearts and minds.

I remember that first year I got my 545i and joined Roadfly, the flaming and attacks going on in there was so intense, it makes all this look like a picnic in comparison. I heard the same doom-and-gloom talk...."I'll never get the E60 as long as I live....the E60 sucks.....the E60 will ruin BMW.....Bangle's an idiot.....no one will buy the car......yada....yada....yada." Well look where we're at now.

When I look back at those haters and critics and now see them as E60 fanatics, I just laugh at the irony of it all
Old 10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
If you don't like the F10, why go to the trouble of creating a thread for it?? Why waste even ONE moment of your time on it unless you feel a bit vindictive?? Finally, is this really the best use of our forum??

I agree that the forum could be used in a much more productive manner. However, this thread was created because several members posting their dissatisfaction for the F10 were being attacked on a personal level. So I decided to create a place just for those wanting to vent frustrations with the F10, because their opinions were being taken too literally on other threads and non-justified attacks were dished out.
I'd be happy if this is the last post on this thread and everyone can just agree to disagree on the other F10 forums with real content.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528i Lexus LS460 Lexus GX470 Lexus RX300 Silversport

Originally Posted by bm323
Really?? Check out CAR mag March 2010 issue and the F10 topped Merc, Jag XF and Audi A6 quattro. Check out Insideline
2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Sport vs. 2009 BMW 550i Sport vs. 2010 Jaguar XF Premium and make a guess which came out last and you bought your E60 just last year?
Ya the E60 550i won against the new MB E550 but I found the magazine which is Car and Driver August 2010 and the new F10 535i lost to the Audi A6 and Infiniti M37 (of all competition, how in the heck did it lose to Infiniti?!)

Then again it's true that the F10 JUST came out so there should be plenty more room for improvement in these tests. I learned first hand about the bugs and flaws of a new design, especially if it's a new line-up. Had that minor problem when I bought one of the first GX470s but luckily they weren't any major flaws like some other cars out there have.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Members

Ya the E60 550i won against the new MB E550
Wrong answer, try again make it easier, the car that came out last shows what you claimed is erroneous.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

I just dont like the bumper. The mtech looks ok in white... I havent driven it but im sure the TTV8 is badass

Quick Reply: Dislike of the F10