F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Dislike of the F10

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

This thread is designed to give us F10 haters a solemn place to vent without all those F10 worshipers breathing down our neck (you know who you are ) trying to convince us that BMW made the car that MOST PEOPLE WANT.

My first issue is that I keep confusing it with a new 7?!?! I think the defining characteristics have been removed for a 'different size sausage'.

Second, I'm not all that concerned with fractions of a second in the 0-60,70,etc raher the handling of the car. Even a Honda Accord can get up and go (in its own right) but because it handles like shi* there's no way I'd trust myself in one. I think the F10 has left behind that feeling that I get with my E60 where I can feel like one with the road. The F10feels somewhat clumsy and not as responsive to me.

Luxury- Well, the F10 wins that category. I mean, the slant of the dash, placement of controls, overall feel are really nice and made me feel like I was in a luxury car.
If I wanted pure lux I'd go MB, they've got it mastered. But I , as others, are driving enthusiasts and well, this one falls short of meeting that requirement.

I can't seem to get over my disappointment of the rear. It looks round and small as opposed to the front which makes more of a statement. When I saw the sport version with rear diffuser I was extremely disappointed. It doesn't have those clean sporty lines.

That's all I've got time for now. Afterall, I don't want to appear as a person 'with nothing better to do than troll the F10 boards'.

Word
Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Members

e60 worshipper much? and dude its a car... no need to start rifts between the community lol
Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Am I in the wrong pl... Yep, oops..
Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scudeyyy
e60 worshipper much? and dude its a car... no need to start rifts between the community lol
and dude its a car

My point exactly!
Starting a rift is not my intention at all, but everytime there's opposition to the F10 the backlash is practically personal, so I just wanted to create a thread that allows forum users to discuss their dissatifaction of the F10 without such reprocussion.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Members

i tried to sort out these issues by writing another post
the e60 and the f10 are awesome in their own ways... they both deserve the title 5 series.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Scudeyyy
i tried to sort out these issues by writing another post
the e60 and the f10 are awesome in their own ways... they both deserve the title 5 series.

That's kind of been my point (and others too) is that both are great in their own likes, and especially to those who forked over their hard earned dough to get one. But agreeing to disagree doesn't seem possible regarding the F10.

I really hope this thread doesn't go much further, rather we can continue to discuss and agree or disagree on the F10 threads without the personal attacks.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

I agree but the best way to avoid attacks in the first place is to not start threads with titles like: "Dislike of the F10--Haters only"....only adds fuel to the fire.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions. But there is a big difference between an opinion and a blanket accusation meant only to flame.

If someone says they don't like the F10, fine.......that's their opinion

If someone says the F10 has Failed, or the F10 is a boatload of ___, or every magazine says the F10 is worse than the E60, or the F10 is a car for the AARP or some shit like that......that's trolling.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Simple facts:

- The F10 is better than the E60 in many things, but not everything.

- Every time I try to point out the shortages of the F10 that are annoying me when considering buying one, people attack me because of course "newer is better".

- Every time I try to prove why these shortages are annoying me, using my subjective feelings when I test drove the car for two days or even scientific approach going into mechanical engineering equations that I thought I would never share with anyone after college, people still attack me.

- Every time I mention that BMW might be going in the wrong business directions by getting more into luxury and less into sportiness which might result in losing customers to MB, Audi and Jag etc., people still attack me.

- Even when I try to clearly stress on the F10 major advantages, but highlight its minor short comings, ........again.

Conclusion:

Ok, BMW has created the F10 without any short comings and no disadvantages. The F10 is better than the E60 in everything, and it will prove more successful in sales and will annihilate the competition till the F10 is the only car sold in the world .
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by Shebs
Simple facts:

- The F10 is better than the E60 in many things, but not everything.

- Every time I try to point out the shortages of the F10 that are annoying me when considering buying one, people attack me because of course "newer is better".

- Every time I try to prove why these shortages are annoying me, using my subjective feelings when I test drove the car for two days or even scientific approach going into mechanical engineering equations that I thought I would never share with anyone after college, people still attack me.

- Every time I mention that BMW might be going in the wrong business directions by getting more into luxury and less into sportiness which might result in losing customers to MB, Audi and Jag etc., people still attack me.

- Even when I try to clearly stress on the F10 major advantages, but highlight its minor short comings, ........again.

Conclusion:

Ok, BMW has created the F10 without any short comings and no disadvantages. The F10 is better than the E60 in everything, and it will prove more successful in sales and will annihilate the competition till the F10 is the only car sold in the world .
Im not sure if BMW will lose any to Jag. Since when is Jag consider a "cool" car to own??? haha
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528i Lexus LS460 Lexus GX470 Lexus RX300 Silversport

Wasn't it that the E60 won every competition in the magazines but the F10 lost? I even remember that one issue of (can't remember which magazine) either Motor Trend or Car and Driver, where they tested an E60 against the new E-class and the E60 had a clean lead over the competition, and they made a side note in the test saying "If the 'old' 5-series is still on top of the competition, what more when the new 5-series comes out?"

Quick Reply: Dislike of the F10