F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Clever new toys coming to F10 next year...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka
My old 3G non-smartphone was on AT&T earlier this year and I was able to tether both my laptop and old PDA to it. So if what you say is true then this feature should work with the iPhone.
Slightly off topic I know , however my question is iPhone 4 related. I have an F11 with professional navigation and my iphone4 is connected via Bluetooth. On the nav screen i can access my iphone address book however someone has mentioned that text messages and emails can also be displayed on the nav screen. I can't see how to do this or is it only for blackberry phones and not iPhones ?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

Originally Posted by SteveNotto
Slightly off topic I know , however my question is iPhone 4 related. I have an F11 with professional navigation and my iphone4 is connected via Bluetooth. On the nav screen i can access my iphone address book however someone has mentioned that text messages and emails can also be displayed on the nav screen. I can't see how to do this or is it only for blackberry phones and not iPhones ?

me too, have a BB and can play music from the phone but cant work out the 'office'function
Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D Touring M Sport F11 Sport Auto Carbon Black Black Dakota Leather Fineline Anthracite Sun Protection Glass Vis Pack Media Pack Pro

Originally Posted by dayvboyc
me too, have a BB and can play music from the phone but cant work out the 'office'function
Is your car post-august 2010 production with combox? My understanding was that office function needed combox.

J
Old 01-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Members

My Ride: f10 520da - 328 wheels, ambient lighting, sport s-wheel, oyster/black, fineline anthracite, Sophisto Gray

Originally Posted by jmemahoney
Is your car post-august 2010 production with combox? My understanding was that office function needed combox.

J

it arrived oct 10th. I've not got the Nav etc, just poverty spec I'm afraid. Any ideas how I check?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D Touring M Sport F11 Sport Auto Carbon Black Black Dakota Leather Fineline Anthracite Sun Protection Glass Vis Pack Media Pack Pro

Originally Posted by dayvboyc
it arrived oct 10th. I've not got the Nav etc, just poverty spec I'm afraid. Any ideas how I check?
Not 100% sure but think you need navigation pro. Best bet is to ask dealer if your build included combox (standard after sept production I think).
J
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by SteveNotto
My F10 is equipped with all BT options (USB Iphone too), BMW Assist and Online contract..
I normally see on iDrive all my phone address book, SMS (with new incoming SMS Alert) and email from the accounts I configured (Imap configuration as my choice) and my phone is an "old" .....Motorola Razor2 V9 (declared not fully compatible).
I can manage Mp3 too via BT on my Phone (so called Audio Bluetooth).

I am asking if someone have had the possibility to fully navigate on internet (iDrive screen) with a suitable phone?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ricky
My F10 is equipped with all BT options (USB Iphone too), BMW Assist and Online contract..
I normally see on iDrive all my phone address book, SMS (with new incoming SMS Alert) and email from the accounts I configured (Imap configuration as my choice) and my phone is an "old" .....Motorola Razor2 V9 (declared not fully compatible).
I can manage Mp3 too via BT on my Phone (so called Audio Bluetooth).

I am asking if someone have had the possibility to fully navigate on internet (iDrive screen) with a suitable phone?
I had a very late E60 with the new iDrive controller and GUI, together with all the online options (very similar to the current F10 offering). It only allowed pretty basic Google searches for businesses, weather etc. I don't think there is a way to get a proper internet browser to allow full searches...

Incidentally, it looks like the new Audi A6 creates a wifi hotspot in the car if you upgrade from the standad sat nav to the advanced version. It looks like this is the way things are going and BMW might be playing catch-up with the snap-in adaptor. Don't worry, I'm not being drawn towards the dark side, I just like to know my enemies!

J
Old 01-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Contributors

I had a very late E60 with the new iDrive controller and GUI, together with all the online options (very similar to the current F10 offering). It only allowed pretty basic Google searches for businesses, weather etc. I don't think there is a way to get a proper internet browser to allow full searches...

Incidentally, it looks like the new Audi A6 creates a wifi hotspot in the car if you upgrade from the standad sat nav to the advanced version. It looks like this is the way things are going and BMW might be playing catch-up with the snap-in adaptor. Don't worry, I'm not being drawn towards the dark side, I just like to know my enemies!

J
The Wi-fi Spot is planned in BMW too, but I don't think it will be useful for me, I will obtain the same with an external 3G router powered @12 volt.
I read that in Germany and Saudi Arabia (may be) it is possible to navigate in internet, via a browser, using iDrive screen and iDrive controller as a mouse/joystick but with a suitablke phone with data transmission paid by user.
Has anyone updated news on this matter ?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ricky
The Wi-fi Spot is planned in BMW too, but I don't think it will be useful for me, I will obtain the same with an external 3G router powered @12 volt.
I read that in Germany and Saudi Arabia (may be) it is possible to navigate in internet, via a browser, using iDrive screen and iDrive controller as a mouse/joystick but with a suitablke phone with data transmission paid by user.
Has anyone updated news on this matter ?
I presume the wifi cradle links to the phone rather than using a second SIM ?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Contributors

I presume the wifi cradle links to the phone rather than using a second SIM ?

I hope you will be right, but I am quite sceptic .

Quick Reply: Clever new toys coming to F10 next year...