F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010 | 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy
Or streaks across the sky...if you think your car is on the UFO...
I opted against UFO transport this go around, I settled for standard shipping

takes some seriously obsessed people to look up shots of the port where their vehicles are being shipped from
Old 10-23-2010 | 08:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Pete, ED would get you the car quicker while you're in Europe but then, once you return to the States, you have to wait for the boat all over again (and I think the total wait time is even longer) so it really only ends up being a big tease! (I'm not saying I'll never do ED, I'm just saying that ED isn't the solution to the waiting problem... )

As of Wednesday, my car was still at the port (for sure) and had only been there like 3 or 4 days. Usually, cars will sit at the port for at least 3 or 4 days and most of the time they'll sit a few days longer (closer to 7). Based on that, I'm thinking I have a shot at getting on the Patriot.
My Euro Delivery F10 sat at the port for 3 long weeks this summer. I suggest that you track your car carefully.
Old 10-23-2010 | 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pharding
My Euro Delivery F10 sat at the port for 3 long weeks this summer. I suggest that you track your car carefully.
They let USED cars sit longer than new ones...
Old 10-23-2010 | 09:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

That's not nice!
Old 10-23-2010 | 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kscarrol
That's not nice!
you at 1200 miles yet? If not, get to drivin' buddy
Old 10-24-2010 | 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still hopeful (and confident) that my car ended up on the Patriot before it left Bremerhaven yesterday. Unfortunately, Gene's ship (Porgy) was in the way and blocked the webcam's view of the ship. :thumbsdown:

As of now, the car is not showing up on WW's tracking but it seems as if the tracking data for this Patriot voyage ID (CB026-PAT) hasn't been posted (or maybe it's the tracking data coming out of Bremerhaven.) The last batch of F10 cars that left Bremerhaven on WW lines are the ones on the MIGNON that left Bremerhaven on 10/20 and are scheduled to arrive in NYC on 11/3 and Charleston, SC on 11/9. I assume that some amount of BMW F10 cars ended up on the Patriot so for now, I'm just waiting for the tracking data to be updated on the WW site so I can see if my car is there. (I know, I can call the dealer or BMWNA but it's a Sunday so I'm thinking maybe the computers will update today... )
Old 10-24-2010 | 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
you at 1200 miles yet? If not, get to drivin' buddy
Not even close, just over 500!!
Old 10-24-2010 | 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still hopeful (and confident) that my car ended up on the Patriot before it left Bremerhaven yesterday. Unfortunately, Gene's ship (Porgy) was in the way and blocked the webcam's view of the ship. :thumbsdown:

As of now, the car is not showing up on WW's tracking but it seems as if the tracking data for this Patriot voyage ID (CB026-PAT) hasn't been updated (or maybe it's the tracking data coming out of Bremerhaven.) The last batch of F10 cars that left Bremerhaven on WW lines are the ones on the MIGNON that left Bremerhaven on 10/20 and are scheduled to arrive in NYC on 11/3 and Charleston, SC on 11/9. I assume that some amount of BMW F10 cars ended up on the Patriot so for now, I'm just waiting for the tracking data to be updated on the WW site so I can see if my car is there. (I know, I can call the dealer or BMWNA but it's a Sunday so I'm thinking maybe the computers will update today... )
I'm not even sure if I'm on the Porgy, just assuming that's the vessel my car is on from the info I've been getting via automated tracking and speaking with a BMWNA rep. Spoke with my CA yesterday and it seems his systems was not updated either, he said he'd call me by Wednesday with more definitive tracking info, but told me for sure my was was at least at port and more than likely already on a vessel.....there's an NYK lvessel that leaves port tomorrow for Port Hueneme and a WW vessel leaving later in the week...so if I'm not on the Porgy, hopefully on one of those..

Sorry about the Porgy blocking your view Rudy, it was probably just trying to evade the UFO
Old 10-24-2010 | 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I'm not even sure if I'm on the Porgy, just assuming that's the vessel my car is on from the info I've been getting via automated tracking and speaking with a BMWNA rep. Spoke with my CA yesterday and it seems his systems was not updated either, he said he'd call me by Wednesday with more definitive tracking info, but told me for sure my was was at least at port and more than likely already on a vessel.....there's an NYK lvessel that leaves port tomorrow for Port Hueneme and a WW vessel leaving later in the week...so if I'm not on the Porgy, hopefully on one of those..

Sorry about the Porgy blocking your view Rudy, it was probably just trying to evade the UFO
Gene, I managed to get some recent video directly from the deck(s) of the Porgy. I think one of these videos is actually coming from inside your new car! Wow, those M3s sure can move!!

And here's a shot from the bridge of your boat -- I hope things were tied down well!
Old 10-24-2010 | 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

maybe I should have opted for UFO shipping

I hope these guys aren't on staff...

BTT: hope you're on the Patriot buddy

Quick Reply: Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?