F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Still waiting for a boat...

The K-Line "Rockies Highway" left yesterday and I don't think my car is on it. About an hour or so ago, the WW Patriot moored and, hopefully, I'll get on that one. What's interesting is that I assumed that all cars coming to my area of the US came through the Port of Charleston, SC (and the respective VPC in Greer) but I saw the other day that my car's "almost twin" that showed up at my dealer went through the Port of Baltimore and it's respective VPC.

I'm now hoping that my car gets on the Patriot and gets off at Baltimore since it'll arrive on 11/4 instead of arriving in Charleston on 11/7. Another bonus is that Baltimore is much closer to Pittsburgh than Charleston is so it may help get the car to the dealer even faster...

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rudy,

How do you get information about what boat your car is on, as well as tracking of the boat?

Thanks, Steve
Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ajax545
Hey Rudy,

How do you get information about what boat your car is on, as well as tracking of the boat?

Thanks, Steve
Your dealer or BMW can tell you what boat your car is on...but only after it's actually on it. There's a ton of ship tracking stuff available after you figure out the ship you're trying to track. For more details on tracking things, take a look at the following thread from the FAQ forum:
http://forums.5serie...ars-production/

P.S. - Do you have a boat I can borrow or not?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Rudy, have you thought about European delivery before?....maybe you could've gotten your car much sooner this way (and saved some $$)?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
P.S. - Do you have a boat I can borrow or not?

I am looking for one also to transport my 550i. If I find one, I will let you know.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Just PM me your address and I will go stick a few thousand stamps on your car and then take it round the local post office. Should be with you by early next week

p.s. let me know if you want any extra insurance with that
Old 10-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Rudy, did you talk to your CA or are you just following the 800# automated response...

I'm asking because my car has been at port since the 15th. I finally decided to talk to an actual BMWNA rep yesterday, she stated that infact my car is on a vessel, just waiting to clear customs, that seems to be the hold up, unfortunately she did not have a way to tell which vessel my car is on. I remember reading on various threads that our CA's have the most update info including which vessel our cars our on. I've put an email to my CA to get this info, he's been off the past 2 days, so hopefully I find out today.

There was a vessel that left for the WC on monday, next one leaves today (Porgy), hope I'm on that one....
Old 10-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Rudy, have you thought about European delivery before?....maybe you could've gotten your car much sooner this way (and saved some $)?
ED does not expedite the shipping process, IIRC ED cars get in/out of the VPC faster tho....

I actually think it's worse in terms of wait time, as you get to drive your car for a few days in EU, then fly home only to still have to wait for it to be shipped across the pond...but in terms of price..ED does have it's advantages....
Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Petes550i
Rudy, have you thought about European delivery before?....maybe you could've gotten your car much sooner this way (and saved some $)?
Pete, ED would get you the car quicker while you're in Europe but then, once you return to the States, you have to wait for the boat all over again (and I think the total wait time is even longer) so it really only ends up being a big tease! (I'm not saying I'll never do ED, I'm just saying that ED isn't the solution to the waiting problem... )

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
Rudy, did you talk to your CA or are you just following the 800# automated response...

I'm asking because my car has been at port since the 15th. I finally decided to talk to an actual BMWNA rep yesterday, she stated that infact my car is on a vessel, just waiting to clear customs, that seems to be the hold up, unfortunately she did not have a way to tell which vessel my car is on. I remember reading on various threads that our CA's have the most update info including which vessel our cars our on. I've put an email to my CA to get this info, he's been off the past 2 days, so hopefully I find out today.

There was a vessel that left for the WC on monday, next one leaves today (Porgy), hope I'm on that one....
As of Wednesday, my car was still at the port (for sure) and had only been there like 3 or 4 days. Usually, cars will sit at the port for at least 3 or 4 days and most of the time they'll sit a few days longer (closer to 7). Based on that, I'm thinking I have a shot at getting on the Patriot.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy
Pete, ED would get you the car quicker while you're in Europe but then, once you return to the States, you have to wait for the boat all over again (and I think the total wait time is even longer) so it really only ends up being a big tease! (I'm not saying I'll never do ED, I'm just saying that ED isn't the solution to the waiting problem... )

As of Wednesday, my car was still at the port (for sure) and had only been there like 3 or 4 days. Usually, cars will sit at the port for at least 3 or 4 days and most of the time they'll sit a few days longer (closer to 7). Based on that, I'm thinking I have a shot at getting on the Patriot.
so definitely sounds like we're around the same timeline...excluding that pesky panama canal

at least for EC deliveries there's only one company that carries (WW). West cost deliveries also go thru NYK lines...so the tracking game gets a bit more confusing

Quick Reply: Anyone near Bremerhaven have a boat I could borrow?