F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

2011 BMW 5-Series M Sport kit officially unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I would be very surprised if BMW did not give you an option to choose wood trim. I too far prefer the look of wood to aluminum. Give me good wood and leather in the interior and I'm happy. I do not want cloth or suede.
Scott, did you say "give me good wood"?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
Scott, did you say "give me good wood"?

Jeff,

Are you able to get any more information about the M Sport Package (or any of the September SOP improvements) beyond what I already posted in this thread?

The wood/interior question is actually a good one. In Europe, I think the M Sport Package automatically comes with the aluminum trim and special seats/upholstery. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the "normal" leather upholstery with wood trim but still get the M steering wheel, bumpers, wheels, etc.

Can you help shed some additional light on any of this?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by Rudy

Jeff,

Are you able to get any more information about the M Sport Package (or any of the September SOP improvements) beyond what I already posted in this thread?

The wood/interior question is actually a good one. In Europe, I think the M Sport Package automatically comes with the aluminum trim and special seats/upholstery. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the "normal" leather upholstery with wood trim but still get the M steering wheel, bumpers, wheels, etc.

Can you help shed some additional light on any of this?
No, not yet. There have been no further bulletins or ordering guides. On another note, one of my coworkers told me that there will be a free downloadable update on BMWUSA sometime in late September or October that will give later generation iDrive systems a lot of the functionality that will be coming out with the September upgrade. I am particularly anxious since I received my new M3 on Monday.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
No, not yet. There have been no further bulletins or ordering guides. On another note, one of my coworkers told me that there will be a free downloadable update on BMWUSA sometime in late September or October that will give later generation iDrive systems a lot of the functionality that will be coming out with the September upgrade. I am particularly anxious since I received my new M3 on Monday.
That's funny since the bulletin specifically mentions that hardware changes are at the root of some of this functionality and therefore will not be retrofittable via software. I wonder if your coworker is thinking about the device [phone/iPod] driver updates that are supposed to be updateable via USB?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
That's funny since the bulletin specifically mentions that hardware changes are at the root of some of this functionality and therefore will not be retrofittable via software. I wonder if your coworker is thinking about the device [phone/iPod] driver updates that are supposed to be updateable via USB?
Agreed. I don't think that there will be full functionality but album art and picture caller ID is supposed to be supported.