E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 Platinum Grey 2008 520d-Grey Dakota Leather/PDC/Xenon/Climate function/Arm Rest/Cruise Control/Skisack/Alarm/Roof Rails/Cup Holder/Automatic Transmission/Isofix/Sport Steering Wheel/Factory Tinted Rear Windows/Summer tires Michelin on 242's/Winter tires Nokian HKPL XL on 242's

Anyone out there have experience with tinted windows? Curious if I should select the tinted windows option for the back windows or the clip on shades.. How is night driving with factory tinted windows??
Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by rugger' post='548254' date='Mar 20 2008, 04:25 PM
Anyone out there have experience with tinted windows? Curious if I should select the tinted windows option for the back windows or the clip on shades.. How is night driving with factory tinted windows??

Getting mine done next tuesday, I have the same night driving concerns that you have, but only getting 35% tints. I can tell you that the rear shades/blinds are fantastic (if thats what you mean by clip on).
Old 03-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I have the factoryoption darkened rear windows and it works great. They are not totally black from the inside and I really love that they are colored as they have no bubbles and resist scratching so much better than film. The factory option was also very cheap, I think it was only 550USD. Night driving is no problems at all and even the auto-dim function of the rear and inner mirror works fine.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 Platinum Grey 2008 520d-Grey Dakota Leather/PDC/Xenon/Climate function/Arm Rest/Cruise Control/Skisack/Alarm/Roof Rails/Cup Holder/Automatic Transmission/Isofix/Sport Steering Wheel/Factory Tinted Rear Windows/Summer tires Michelin on 242's/Winter tires Nokian HKPL XL on 242's

Cool to hear that it works well with the factory tint.....I talked the dealer into giving it to me for the same price as the rear shades/blinds...so it ended up being 1500SEK (250 USD)....not too bad I thought..
Old 03-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I went for the built in curtains in the back doors. They work well and are of high quaklity... but the problem is when you don't have them "rolled up" and after some driving the sun comes out and totally surpise you with waaaarrrm and niiiccceee sunbeams. I like it, but our 4 y.o boy is not too happy. So, pull over, stop the car, up with the sun curtains and off again. A bit annoying - especially on a motorway.

Today, I would probably chosen the tinted windows instead.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Members

Love the factory tinted windows because they are scratchproof.
And nightdriving is no problem.
Only "problem" is if someone is sitting in the backseat. They can?t be seen from the outside if it?s sunny.
Less problem if it is dark outside, if you follow ;-)

Here?s what it looks like:
Old 03-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Members

Nice! I can't wait until I get mine!! Delivery end of June
Old 03-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

rugger - how did you spec you car...?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Members

I have the following specs:

520d- Neptune Blue

Comfort Package: Grey Dakota Leather, PDC, Xenon, Climate function, arm rest

Advantage Package: Cruise control with break function, skisack, alarm, roof rails, cup holder

Winter tires 16in Nokian HKPL XL on 242 aluminium rims
Summer tires on 242 aluminium rims

Automatic transmission, Isofix, Sport steering wheel, and tinted rear windows

Thats it
Old 03-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Kanon!

What dealer? Borgs Bil?

I'm interested in pics of the new Neptune Blue and I am looking forward to see the pics of your car this summer!

However, I would recommend you to opt for the Hi-Fi version. The standard system isn't much fun...

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows