E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Thoughts on a 08 535 xiT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by olivierfm
Sorry for the repost, my previous post was mixed up with yours and hard to read (New forum style)

It was really just a drivability issue. The car would hesitate when accelerating hard as if it was not getting enough gas. After they cleaned them it made a huge difference in response and smoothness. It felt like a new car. As long as I have had owned it, it never drove this well. My car has always had this hesitation problem even at 20K, The engine had a cold vibration problem at start up shortly after I purchased it. The dealer at the time changed a few injectors that cured the problem but the hesitation was always there. I just learned to accept it. Now it is gone.

had a steering wheel and body vibration regardless of when it was hot or cold. It was really road surface dependent. Certain highway surfaces made it worse at speeds above 60. The 19" rims made it more pronounced. The bushings are fluid filled and mine had leaked out a while ago, they did not seem fully cracked but the dealer got it covered under the CPO warranty anyway. After they replaced the bushings it was smooth. Your problem sounds like tire flat spots from overnight sitting.
Hi, within a few minutes of a post, you can still edit it, FYI, if ever you need to again. Not sure how long you have before the "Edit" button disappears... It's at the bottom right corner of your post, next to the Quote button.

Interesting on how you figured out it needed intake valves cleaned. Last summer, when car was fully loaded, with three bikes and a roof box on it, when driving up a mountain pass, at like 4000 feet altitude, I would feel some hesitation when accelerating. I didn't get any codes on the dash or check engine lights. But about a month ago, when scanning the car for codes, I saw an H30F2, which is supposed to be an "Ignition glow code" or something like that. I've not yet looked into it, as H means historical, so it's a code that's no longer present, so I didn't worry too much. I wonder if it's related to what you're talking about... It does bother me though, as I've read it's not a good code to see at all...

For the vibration issue we've got, I'm not sure how a flatspotted tire (which I doubt would happen overnight, I've read of it happening after months of storing a vehicle) would cause my problems? As I said above (I'll post below for clarity), this is happening just when I turn the car on first thing in the day, when the engine's cold. I've not even driven off yet. The car just shudders. It doesn't happen as much when we start the car and the engine is warm already.

Ours is a 2010, with only 30,000 miles on it at the moment, and when we start her up, on cold starts, for the first minute the car vibrates quite a bit lately. It seems to go away when the car is warmed up though, or when the engine is already warm and you start it. Wonder what it could be...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM
New Members

Thank you all for your responses. I will let you all know if i get one but after a year or so it probably wont look them same.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xit

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Hi, within a few minutes of a post, you can still edit it, FYI, if ever you need to again. Not sure how long you have before the "Edit" button disappears... It's at the bottom right corner of your post, next to the Quote button.

Interesting on how you figured out it needed intake valves cleaned. Last summer, when car was fully loaded, with three bikes and a roof box on it, when driving up a mountain pass, at like 4000 feet altitude, I would feel some hesitation when accelerating. I didn't get any codes on the dash or check engine lights. But about a month ago, when scanning the car for codes, I saw an H30F2, which is supposed to be an "Ignition glow code" or something like that. I've not yet looked into it, as H means historical, so it's a code that's no longer present, so I didn't worry too much. I wonder if it's related to what you're talking about... It does bother me though, as I've read it's not a good code to see at all...

For the vibration issue we've got, I'm not sure how a flatspotted tire (which I doubt would happen overnight, I've read of it happening after months of storing a vehicle) would cause my problems? As I said above (I'll post below for clarity), this is happening just when I turn the car on first thing in the day, when the engine's cold. I've not even driven off yet. The car just shudders. It doesn't happen as much when we start the car and the engine is warm already.

Ours is a 2010, with only 30,000 miles on it at the moment, and when we start her up, on cold starts, for the first minute the car vibrates quite a bit lately. It seems to go away when the car is warmed up though, or when the engine is already warm and you start it. Wonder what it could be...
I had the same problem soon after I bought it. Dealer did a software update and replaced some of the injectors. I have not had the problem since - they should be able to clear that up for you.