E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Tell Me what you think of this one

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05-530i and 06 530xit

Hey guys, I have been in the market for a while looking for 530 touring. I came across this one at Daniels Bmw of Allentown, pa. I have two concerns. The car was originally sold in Toronto, Canada; but sold second hand here in the states, so I am assuming that it has passed all the Federal regualtion requirements, but do I still need to be concern? Second the carfax showed it was in an accident in Canada, do I need to be worry about that. The car is cpo and definately looks quite appealling. Here's the link to the car: http://www.danielsbmw.com/ou/allentown-bmw...age=p_inventory
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by dello' post='1037377' date='Oct 21 2009, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, I have been in the market for a while looking for 530 touring. I came across this one at Daniels Bmw of Allentown, pa. I have two concerns. The car was originally sold in Toronto, Canada; but sold second hand here in the states, so I am assuming that it has passed all the Federal regualtion requirements, but do I still need to be concern? Second the carfax showed it was in an accident in Canada, do I need to be worry about that. The car is cpo and definately looks quite appealling. Here's the link to the car: http://www.danielsbmw.com/ou/allentown-bmw...age=p_inventory
Judging from the fact that the car only had 16k miles on it when it was registered in Pennsylvania 2.5 years after it was bought, tells me the car wasn't driven in the winter, which is very good. Yes, the car was in a crash...but the fact that none of the airbags where deployed no frame damage was reported, and it's CPO, tells me it was a minor crash, probably a fender bender...I could be wrong of course.
The car seems solid, and the M-Tech package is a big plus, but the price is too high...
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 05-530i and 06 530xit

Thanks Krozi, I thought the price was too high as well, but it's very diffcult to find wagon under 35k.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by dello' post='1037566' date='Oct 21 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks Krozi, I thought the price was too high as well, but it's very diffcult to find wagon under 35k.
Really? I know about prices when it comes to the E60, but not the wagon...
Also, the mileage is a little high, make sure you receive the service records for the car.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Members

I just picked up a 2006 E61 with 41,000 miles for $24k. Didn't have the M sport pkg, but also no accident history. $33k seems a bit pricey....