E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Soon to be E61 Owner looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by boerboel
this one isn't red, its Barbera, and its an automatic. Typical used dealer 0.02 secs of effort into the ad.
Wow, I can't believe they didn't even get the transmission correct!

But the colour IS red, why do you say it's not? BARBERAROT is the colour. ROT in German actually means red.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi with spot package, comfort access, HUD, Nav

The search continues, I wasn't able to work out a deal for the wagon with 43k miles.

I was wondering if there is anywhere to put in a VIN so I can find out what options the car has on it.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by NotYourMomsWagon
The search continues, I wasn't able to work out a deal for the wagon with 43k miles.

I was wondering if there is anywhere to put in a VIN so I can find out what options the car has on it.
There is bimmer.work : VIN Decoder for BMW
Old 03-07-2016, 06:34 PM
New Members

My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by NotYourMomsWagon

Also, if you have not done so already, scour the forums for the 5-series ordering guides for the years you are considering. It'll help to understand the options that were available, what your priorities might be, and what packages were likely on any car you eventually pursue.

If you change your mind and consider a 2010, shoot me a PM, and I can email you that one.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:50 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
Also, if you have not done so already, scour the forums for the 5-series ordering guides for the years you are considering. It'll help to understand the options that were available, what your priorities might be, and what packages were likely on any car you eventually pursue.

If you change your mind and consider a 2010, shoot me a PM, and I can email you that one.
Thanks for the advice, I have looked at the ordering guides and have a good idea of the perfect wagon and what I will settle for.

Unfortunately I am waiting on the title for my 2014 Jeep which means everything is on hold until I am able to sell or trade in that vehicle.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530XiT BSM/Auburn
Model Year: 2007

Why would everything be on hold? You can always negotiate the deal and at least put money down. 'The perfect' wagons don't come and go into the 'availability pool' very very often so when one pops up, you have to pounce on it!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by oclvframe
Why would everything be on hold? You can always negotiate the deal and at least put money down. 'The perfect' wagons don't come and go into the 'availability pool' very very often so when one pops up, you have to pounce on it!
It is on hold because of my wife. She does not want to get the wagon while we are still waiting on the title for the Jeep because she is worried about not being in a good position to negotiate trade in value. If the perfect wagon does pop up I will have to try and talk her into taking the risk.

So far I have used the VIN search on about 15 wagons out there and have found only one with the comfort access option which I really like. Hopefully my wife will work with me a bit and realize that jumping on a good wagon isn't really a risk.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 AM
New Members

My Ride: E61 535xiT Deep Sea Blue

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Wow, I can't believe they didn't even get the transmission correct!

But the colour IS red, why do you say it's not? BARBERAROT is the colour. ROT in German actually means red.
Barberot is Burgundy, not red. Real red is very rare in a 5.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by boerboel
Barberot is Burgundy, not red. Real red is very rare in a 5.
Does Auto Trader list Burgundy as a colour? Or the general colour only, which red would be the one it would fall under?

PS It's BarberaRot. Not Barberot. Which literally translates into Barbera (as in the Italian wine) Red. So it's a subclass of red.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:08 PM
New Members

I have been using the VIN decoder and was wondering which option number is for the sport seats. I have seen 456 Comfort Seats, Electric. Adjustable and 459 Seat Adjustm., Electr. W. Memory

Quick Reply: Soon to be E61 Owner looking for advice