E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Remote Key not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

I would like some help from E61 owners with electric operated bootlid please......

Few months ago I started having problem with the remote key to lock or unlock the car after operating the bootlid.
While the bootlid is moving, the car does not respone to the any button of the key. (Believe this is normal?)
However after the boot is fully openned or closed. I should be able to lock or unlock the doors by pressing the button on the key fob. Well....not anymore.

Brought it back to the dealer and had the key signal receiver "What they call an Amplifier" changed. All worked fine on the first week but the same problem is coming back again.

Have any one of you guys experienced the same problem? If so, any resolution to this at all?

Please suggest.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

That should be something for the BMW service properly to solve.

"While the bootlid is moving, the car does not response to the any button of the key"
I would also say it's normal.

I would say your problem has to do with the lid not closing proper.
New lid pumps and/or electrical engine, at least some adjustments is needed.

CIP Program 30.something is also available...
Old 10-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Touring : Carbon Black : Half Leather : Pro DVD Sav Nav : TV : Active Cruise : Front/Rear Parking : Bluetooth Phone : 6 CD : Dark Poplar Wood : Folding Mirrors : 5 year Servicing Pack

We had problems with our car's electrics (though I can't remember what it was now) and I think the Shark's fin on the roof is succeptable (sp?) to weather damage.

Ours was replaced and resealed and everything's been tickety boo ever since.